Join a Challenger
Being a traditional bank just isn’t our thing. We are big believers in innovating the banking experience because we believe Canadians deserve better options, and we challenge ourselves and our teams to creatively transform what’s possible in banking. Our team is made up of inquisitive and agile minds that find smarter ways of doing things. If you’re not afraid of taking on big challenges and redefining the future, you belong with us. You’ll get to work with people who will encourage you to reach new heights. We like to keep things fun, ask questions and learn together.
We are a big (and growing!) family. Overall we serve more than 370,000 people across Canada through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™, and have been around for more than 50 years. Equitable Bank's wholly-owned subsidiary, Concentra Bank, supports credit unions across Canada that serve more than 5 million members. Together we have over $100 billion in combined assets under management and administration, with a clear mandate to drive change in Canadian banking to enrich people's lives. Our EQ Bank platform ( eqbank.ca ) has been named the top Schedule I Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2023, 2022, and 2021 lists.The Work
A Network Analyst at our organization plays a pivotal role in operating and optimizing a multifaceted network infrastructure encompassing Azure networking, data center networking, and office networks. You will ensure the stability, security, and optimal performance of these interconnected network environments, which are critical to the organization's seamless operations and data flow. Your expertise will help maintain network integrity, enabling efficient communication, data transfer, and security across the organization's Azure, data center, and office networks. This will require off-hours support and participation in rotational on-call support, including weekends.The Core Parts Of The Role Would Be To
Data Center Networking
- Azure Networking Expertise:
- Demonstrate proficiency in creating VNets, subnets, and UDRs in Azure.
- Troubleshoot IP route issues for LAN, WAN, Azure ExpressRoute, and Azure cloud networking.
- Ensure network diagrams and documentation are promptly updated when the network topology or components change.
Office Network Support
- Manage and maintain networking equipment in the data center, including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- As a technical representative, your responsibility is to represent technical aspects of infrastructure-related projects.
- Collaborate with the bank’s managed service providers to facilitate necessary changes on data center network equipment.
Network Analysis And Optimization
- Provide day-to-day support for the offices’ network infrastructure.
- Investigate and address connectivity issues and maintain network documentation.
- Collaborate with the IT security team to remediate vulnerabilities and improve network security.
- Support network expansion and capacity planning as required.
Security And Compliance
- Perform a thorough analysis of the network infrastructure to identify potential areas for optimization and improvement in performance.
- Collaborate with the Network Engineering team in order to implement improvements and upgrades.
Documentation And Reporting
- Assist in implementing and maintaining network security measures, ensuring compliance with policies and industry standards.
- Collaborate closely with the IT security team to resolve security concerns and maintain a secure network environment.
User Education And Support
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date network documentation, including configurations, change logs, change tickets, and IP Address Management (IPAM) repository.
- Prepare reports on network performance, security, and incident resolutions.
Lets Talk About You!
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users regarding network-related issues.
- Educate staff on network policies, procedures, and best practices.
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
- Minimum Computer Science or Computer Networking related undergrad degree.
- Industry certifications: CCNA, Azure Network Engineer (AZ-700)
- Experience of at least 3 years in Network Support and implementation of enterprise-grade networking infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS, NX-OS and Cisco Meraki
- Excellent understanding of enterprise networking and L2/L3 protocols, including but not limited to STP, IP, HSRP, EIGRP, OSPF, TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1Q .
- Fair understanding of Azure cloud networking, including but not limited to Azure ER/VPN Gateways, UDRs, Hub-and-Spoke topology, virtual networking appliances, Azure Load Balancers, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Cisco Meraki networks.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands.
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas verbally, written, and visually effectively using drawing tools like Visio or Lucid Chart.
- Knowledge of some or all of Storage Arrays, SAN, VMware, and server virtualization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The following are valuable assets: Experience working in a banking or financial services environment.
💰 Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
🩺 Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📝 Employee Share Purchase Plan
👶🏽 Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
🏝 Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
🎓 Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
💛 A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
The incumbent will be working hybrid and in office time will be spent working from Equitable Bank’s additional office space located at 351 King Street East, Toronto, ON.
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
We can’t wait to get to know you!