Home Office 1303 Yonge St
What you will do:
Senior Network Engineer
Assists in analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include Firewalling, Load balancer, LANS, WANs and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as a Cineplex enterprise networking backbone both On-premise and within multiple cloud environments.
- Responsible for Network and security (Firewall) design and operation.
- Responsible for Routing throughout the cineplex infrastructure both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Ensure up-to-date LAN/WAN documentation outlining all procedures and relevant configurations for recovery, administration and troubleshooting purposes are available.
- Ensure change control protocols are being followed for all network changes
- Design Network Monitoring solution to provide real-time reports.
- Ensure/Participate with the installation and configuration of Networking Hardware complies with corporate standards.
- The mentoring and technical development of Network Engineers & administrators.
Education and Certification:
- University / College education in a related course of study or equivalent experience required
- Cisco CCNP
- Routing and Switching
- Load balancer
- High level of Experience with Fortinet/Cisco/Brocade/HP
- Experience and knowledge with Cloud Solutions (Azure/AWS)
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Expert on using Network monitoring tools (SolarWinds)
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware specifications
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- The ability to create efficient reliable network design and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with high communication skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Ability to mentor and develop JR team members.
(Must have) – Today we route network traffic via one of the following methods:
- Fortinet Fortigate Firewall appliances (provides secured routing between switch VLANS)
- Brocade Switches (Layer 3 Virtual Router) – We are transitioning this to Cisco.
- (Internet specific routing is managed by ISP)
(Must have) – Today we are using the following switches:
- Data Center (mixture of Brocade and Cisco Nexus/Catalyst) – Plan to remove Brocade
- Branch offices and theatres – Cisco Meraki and HP Procurve (plan to replace existing HP Procurve with Meraki)
(Must have) – Using Cisco Meraki wireless access points (APs) across the board in all location:
- Currently migrating from MR34 APs to MR46 APs, as MR34 APs are going end of life shortly.
(Must have) – Primarily using Fortinet Fortigate Firewall appliances throughout the data center and the theatres
- Some branch offices are using Meraki firewalls on an exception basis
(Nice to have) – Currently using Citrix ADC Netscalar Load Balancers
- Load balancing types vary from IP based load balancing to Content Switching
Technology in our Environment:
Wireless Access Points
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex, its subsidiaries, and affiliates are equal opportunity employers with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
We are committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit, or restrict their access to employment oporunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our hiring process (application, interviews, assessments, and placement), please contact us at 416-323-6600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.