We’re embarking on an exciting journey in our cyber and information security team! Our team is growing, and we’re focused to bringing on recruiting experts who are committed to safeguarding our digital assets and ensuring the resilience of our operations for our members, employees, and other key stakeholders. This includes protecting our security infrastructure, proactive threat monitoring, strengthening our policies and procedures, staying at the forefront of cybersecurity, and keeping our digital ecosystem safe and secure. Join us in this chapter of growth and play an important role on Team Local.
Come and lead a team of cybersecurity risk professionals. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust cybersecurity governance framework, managing risk assessments, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards. You will collaborate with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Privacy, People Experience and Legal, implementing controls, and provide guidance to ensure that Prospera's security posture aligns with business objectives and best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain Prospera cybersecurity governance frameworks, policies, and procedures, ensuring alignment with industry standards and regulatory requirements, such as BCFSA, provincial privacy legislation, etc.
- Create and chair the cybersecurity governance committee, coordinating efforts across various departments and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and Enterprise Risk Management to define strategic cybersecurity goals and objectives.
- Conduct post-incident reviews and oversee the implementation of lessons learned to enhance incident response capabilities.
- Perform regular cybersecurity risk assessments, identifying potential threats, vulnerabilities, and associated impacts on the organization.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies and control frameworks and monitor on the effectiveness of risk mitigation efforts to stakeholders.
- Provide strategic guidance, coaching, and direction to the cybersecurity governance, risk, and compliance team.
- Lead the in-house and outsourced cybersecurity analysts, incident responders, and auditors and regulatory experts.
- Coach and mentor, your team and establish annual targets and objectives aligned to organizational strategy and allocate.
- Promote a collaborative and high-performance work environment, promoting knowledge sharing, career development, and professional growth.
- Establish annual targets and objectives aligned to organizational strategy, allocate resources, and assess performance of direct reports.
- Work with Enterprise and Security Architecture to perform or oversee Operation Risk Assessments on key initiatives.
What You Bring
- At least 5 - 7 years of proven experience in information security risk management roles.
- Demonstrated expertise in security principles, technologies, and industry best practices.
- Knowledge with security frameworks and regulations (e.g., NIST, ISO27000, CIS Critical Security Controls, etc.)
- Understanding of cybersecurity and operational risk assessments.
- Proven understanding of Risk Management frameworks such as COBIT 5, COSO, etc.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in information security risk management roles.
- Strong knowledge of security principles, technologies, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and regulations (e.g., NIST, ISO27000, CIS Critical Security Controls, etc.)
- Proficiency in cybersecurity and operational risk assessments.
- Deep understanding of Risk Management frameworks such as COBIT 5, COSO, etc.
What’s in it for you?
Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: All team members are valued, respected, and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives.
Training and Support. We set our employees up for success with training and continued support and access to resources throughout employment.
Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar.
Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
Show me the money! We offer competitive pay, a personalized benefits program, and a generous defined contribution pension plan.
Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We participate in many community-minded activities throughout the year.
Cultivate trusting relationships: We are local at heart, aligned in our purpose to help our members, communities, and team thrive.
Empower and enable others: We give each other the space, trust, and tools to succeed.
Lead with curiosity: We approach all circumstances with curiosity and a drive for continuous learning and improvement.
Embrace change and execute with purpose: We plan with agility, take action, and pivot to deliver results.
Thrive as One Team: We collaborate because it strengthens us.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is part of everything we do, and we’re on a continuous journey to ensure every employee and members feels like they #BelongAtProspera.
If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please let us know
Sounds like your next role? Apply today. Join TeamLocal.