BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good.
For our people, our players, our province, and our planet.
Lottery | Casino | Sports
Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world.
We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
We want you to be where you feel you can do your best work. This job can be done remotely providing you reside in BC.
For those who prefer working in a community with others, we have two beautiful offices in convenient locations:
2980 Virtual Way, Vancouver | 74 Seymour Street W, Kamloops
This is a Permanent, Full Time opportunity
Expected Salary Range: $70,177.00 - $87,722.00 - $109,652.00
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint shown above
Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the roleThe Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province.The Team
Our Finance and Corporate Services division is a broad group consisting of Corporate Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Decision Support, Procurement, Business Continuity, Corporate Facilities and Business Services. There are a wide array of professions including accountants & specialists that keep our company fiscally responsible, keeping the business running effectively in an environment conducive to doing great work. Our procurement team maintains organization wide third party contractual arrangements & policies and has oversight of strategic sourcing of key resources including products and services.The Role
The Contract Specialist role provides effective professional contract management and procurement services through timely, accurate and effective development, negotiation and execution of commercial-term contracts/documents. The role is responsible for supporting the business units, providing guidance and advice through the procurement process and is also responsible for ensuring the proper execution of contracts, monitoring their execution and managing and reporting relevant data within a specialized software program. The Contract Specialist enhances the contract management process within the organization by recommending opportunities for process improvements.
The Contract Specialist supports the Senior Specialist, Contract Administration and Manager, Procurement Services & Contracting Systems and collaborates with business unit representatives and Legal Counsel.
The Contract Specialist role also develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal client groups including Internal Audit, Budget &Treasury, Corporate Finance, Legal Services, Cyber Security, Privacy, and Enterprise Risk Management Services, as well as suppliers and contractors.What You Will Accomplish
It would be awesome if you also had
- You will have autonomy to work with our business to negotiate and draft contracts, statements of work, amendments, and NDAs
- You will be the subject matter expert and advise business and provide feedback on contract elements, risks and pitfalls relating to internal policy, legislation and supplier/contractor agreements to internal client groups and ensure all considerations are addressed
- You will verify accuracy of information and ensure compliance with relevant statutes
- You will exchange information to clarify, instruct and advise both internal client groups and external suppliers and contractors on business solutions including regulatory compliance matters, issues associated with scope of work and service level agreements, policy and procedure interpretation and application
- What will make you successful
- You have contract management skills, able to read through a contract and connect provisions to the scope of work and identify risks and considerations to address
- You are a communicator, able to build relationships with different groups and personalities to work towards a common goal and communicate complex information to various audiences
- You are a critical thinker, make complex decisions regarding sourcing contracts and able to see the bigger picture and see issues down the road
- You are comfortable with providing feedback, guidance and keeping on track with procurement policies
What’s In It For You
- You have a customer service mindset, are proactive and able to manage your own time
- You are familiar with ServiceNow, iValua, and SAP
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant certification or legal experience would be an asset
- 2-3 years business related role with and a minimum of 1 to 2 years contract drafting experience
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not education and experience.
- Defined benefit pension plan which provides a recurring income you can depend on for life throughout retirement
- We pride ourselves on our work-life integration and our 37.5 hour work week.
- Professional development including education/certification sponsorship, in house leadership cohorts, LinkedIn Learning
- See all our rewardshere
We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong.
Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out!
Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more!
We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com.
All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada