We are looking for a Sr. Privacy Specialist for a long term contract to do the following:
Focusing on continuous improvement, key objectives include adherence to applicable privacy laws & regulations, supporting the development of a mature privacy model, and supporting risk management processes within the organization.
- Involvement in privacy compliance or data function, with experience in data protection activities such as records of processing activities, records management, and subject access requests/Freedom of Information requests (FOI).
- In-depth knowledge and experience with privacy laws, legislations, regulations, and best practices. This includes but is not limited to: FIPPA, PHIPA, PIPEDA, CASL, GDPR, etc.
- Familiar with risk management and ability to understand policies and provide guidance on related matters.
- Excellent knowledge of privacy and security concepts, trends, and issues. This includes an understanding of impacts on business processes.
- Skilled in interpreting and communicating privacy principles and compliance requirements.
- Experience in researching and applying relevant information privacy laws, regulations, jurisprudence (particularly as it relates to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario), and risk countermeasures.
- Experience in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Knowledge and experience with privacy enhancing best practices.
- Experience in developing and deploying privacy training and awareness campaigns across organizations.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities to effectively liaise with stakeholders ranging from technical teams to senior executives within the organization. Adeptness in understanding, managing, and aligning stakeholder expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation. Strong technical and business writing capabilities.
- Agile responsiveness to evolving project dynamics, ability to pivot strategies based on emerging challenges or changes in project requirements.
- Solid experience in fostering and managing relationships with external vendors and ensuring optimal service levels and performance benchmarks are met.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, proficient in translating intricate technical details into clear, comprehensible insights for stakeholders irrespective of their technical aptitude.
Responsibilities and expectations encompass the following:
- Support the development of a comprehensive privacy model tailored to the organization's specific needs and regulatory requirements.
- Create and maintain privacy policies, procedures, and guidelines that align with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices and standards.
- Conduct regular privacy impact assessments to identify potential privacy issues and risks to protect sensitive information.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant privacy regulations and standards. Eliminate the risks of non-compliance with legislation, corporate policies, and best practices. Report on findings and deliver recommended advice.
- Support the development and delivery of privacy training and awareness programs to educate employees.
- Support the continuous improvement of FOI requests process flows.
- Support and promote compliance with internal policies and processes related to data protection & records and information retention & disposition.
- Generate regular reports and documentation on the privacy program's status, risks, and compliance.
- Define, evaluate, and assess privacy requirements for organizational projects.
- Ensures the incorporation of privacy measures in the development of systems & processes.
- Support privacy projects and tasks within the agency as assigned.
- Educational Background: A bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certifications such as Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C).
Know someone who’s great for this, or any of our open roles? Earn up to $4,000/year for each successful referral through Affinity Earn. You can also earn up to $50,000 for helping us find new clients. Learn about our referral program at https://affinity-group.ca/earn/ or browse our jobs & follow us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/affinity-staffing/jobs/
Affinity Group is a full-service Information Technology services and staffing company. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on five core principles: Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility – Inclusivity.
We teamed up with ClimatePartner on 2022 to offset our emissions and move toward being a more environmentally friendly company and we are proud to now be officially Carbon Neutral Certified.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca
Job Number: 9440