This is a 12 months contract located in Toronto, Ontario/ Hybrid
If you are interested in this posting please call me or send me your updated resume formatted in word. Please fill out the representation agreement and the skills matrix chart.
If you are not interested but know of someone who meets this criteria please feel free to forward them my contact information.Please fill out the below email confirmation clearly stating the job #, title and permission to TekStaff allowing us to present you for this role.
“I, give Tekstaff IT Solutions Inc. the Contractor Representation Agreement me for position number (RQ00049 - Senior Privacy Specialist) at a daily pay rate of $.”
Please note - This is a 7.25 hour work day - paid daily rate.
- All successful candidates will be subject to a mandatory credit AND criminal check as per the client. If you require any type of accommodations (for example, accessible interview site, alternate formats of materials, Assistive Technology, ASL Interpreter, etc.) during the recruitment and selection process, please let one of our Recruiters know.
- Please note that all contractors are subject to a possible Holiday Leave program schedule, set by the client. Qualifying Questions: Legal First Name: Legal Middle Name (if applicable): Legal Last Name: Availability to Start Upcoming Vacations/Time Off (Yes/No, When) Banking/FI Experience (Yes/No, Where) Pay rate Incorporated (YES/NO) Month/Day of Birth** Will pass a mandatory criminal and credit check as per the client(YES/NO) Notice to interview Actively interviewing/Offers (Yes/No) Please address any employment gaps in the resume Reason for looking for new opportunities ** This information is needed to create a unique Security ID for you in the client's internal system.
- Involvement in privacy compliance or data function, with experience in data protection activities such as records of processing activities, records management, and subject access requests/Freedom of Information requests (FOI).
- In-depth knowledge and experience with privacy laws, legislations, regulations, and best practices. This includes but is not limited to: FIPPA, PHIPA, PIPEDA, CASL, GDPR, etc.
- Familiar with risk management and ability to understand policies and provide guidance on related matters.
- Excellent knowledge of privacy and security concepts, trends, and issues. This includes an understanding of impacts on business processes.
- Skilled in interpreting and communicating privacy principles and compliance requirements.
- Experience in researching and applying relevant information privacy laws, regulations, jurisprudence (particularly as it relates to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario), and risk countermeasures.
- Experience in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Knowledge and experience with privacy enhancing best practices.
- Experience in developing and deploying privacy training and awareness campaigns across organizations.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities to effectively liaise with stakeholders ranging from technical teams to senior executives within the organization. Adeptness in understanding, managing, and aligning stakeholder expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation. Strong technical and business writing capabilities.
- Agile responsiveness to evolving project dynamics, ability to pivot strategies based on emerging challenges or changes in project requirements.
- Solid experience in fostering and managing relationships with external vendors and ensuring optimal service levels and performance benchmarks are met.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, proficient in translating intricate technical details into clear, comprehensible insights for stakeholders irrespective of their technical aptitude.
The Senior Privacy Specialist Is Expected To Play a Pivotal Role In The Successful Execution And Maintenance Of Privacy Within The Organization. Their Responsibilities And Expectations Encompass The Following:
- Support the development of a comprehensive privacy model tailored to the organization's specific needs and regulatory requirements.
- Create and maintain privacy policies, procedures, and guidelines that align with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices and standards.
- Conduct regular privacy impact assessments to identify potential privacy issues and risks to protect sensitive information.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant privacy regulations and standards. Eliminate the risks of non-compliance with legislation, corporate policies, and best practices. Report on findings and deliver recommended advice.
- Support the development and delivery of privacy training and awareness programs to educate employees.
- Support the continuous improvement of FOI requests process flows.
- Support and promote compliance with internal policies and processes related to data protection & records and information retention & disposition.
- Generate regular reports and documentation on the privacy program's status, risks, and compliance.
- Define, evaluate, and assess privacy requirements for organizational projects.
- Ensures the incorporation of privacy measures in the development of systems & processes.
- Support privacy projects and tasks within the agency as assigned.
Must Haves Years
- Educational Background: A bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certifications such as Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C).
7+ years of privacy experience PIA experience experience in data protection activities experience with privacy laws, legislations, regulations, and best practices risk management experience Experience in researching and applying relevant information privacy laws Experience in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments experience in fostering and managing relationships with external vendors Agile experience Nice to Haves Years Verified (Y/N): *internal use only