We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.Title And Summary
Vice President Data GovernanceOverview
As a Vice President of Data Governance working as part of the Mastercard Data and Services team, you will play a critical part in shaping and implementing Mastercard's data governance framework. You will lead initiatives to ensure the quality, security, and effective use of data across the organization.Role
All About You
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data governance strategy aligned with organizational objectives and industry best practices.
- Create and enforce data governance policies, standards, and procedures to ensure consistent and compliant data management across the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of data governance programs across the organization, driving adoption and ensuring consistent execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align data governance strategies with business needs, fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Lead efforts to ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and industry security standards, implementing measures to safeguard sensitive information.
- Identify potential risks related to data integrity, privacy, and compliance; develop risk mitigation plans and protocols.
- Implement mechanisms for monitoring and improving data quality, establishing metrics and processes to measure and maintain high-quality data.
- Stay updated with data-related regulations and standards; ensure compliance and adherence to relevant data protection laws.
- Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders, effectively communicating complex data governance concepts.
- Lead and mentor a team of data governance professionals, fostering their growth and expertise in the field.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, leveraging new technologies and methodologies to enhance data governance practices.
Corporate Security Responsibility
- Progressive experience in data management, data governance, or related roles.
- Proven experience in a leadership role with responsibilities for defining and implementing data governance strategies.
- Strong understanding of data management concepts and principles, data quality, data lineage, data classification, and metadata management.
- Knowledge of data governance tools and technologies, as well as data cataloging and metadata management solutions.
- Strong understanding of industry best practices for data governance and data-related regulatory requirements or other relevant data protection laws.
- Proven track record in leading change management initiatives, especially in the context of data governance.
- Experienced in establishing and enforcing standards, processes, policies and procedures to support data quality and management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs, databases and data structures.
- Ability to align data governance initiatives with overall business strategy and objectives.
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance frameworks that ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building, influencing, and partnering.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to flexibly multi-task between strategy-related work and tactical ‘in the trenches’ work.
- Ability to produce measurable business results while working under time constraints.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex data governance concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholder.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in the financial services industry or a related field is a plus.
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.