Our employees are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. When you join our team, you’re bringing this purpose to life alongside a passionate community of experts.
Feel empowered to learn and grow while being valued for who you are– here, diversity is a strength. You have our commitment to support you in reaching your goals with tools, opportunities, and flexibility. It’s our employee promise.
Our hybrid work model provides the balance between working from home and enjoying meaningful in-person interactions.
Read on to see how you can shape the future, win as a team, and grow with us.Description
About the role
Together, with our strong team of cybersecurity experts, you will work with state-of-the-art technologies to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our systems and customers' data. With your strong knowledge and innovative mindset, you will try new approaches and leverage emerging technologies to help deliver a second-to-none customer experience, shape the future of our industry, and leave your mark.Responsibilities
- Act as a key administrator to manage data discovery and classification solution and continuously improve the use of the Varonis toolset to prevent policy violations related to confidential data at rest and in use.
- Coordinate remediation efforts with subject matter experts
- Manage the continuous transformation and improvement of written policies into technical processes to be used within Varonis, and assist IT and business areas with completing exception requests where policy cannot be satisfied
- Partner with Risk, Compliance, Audit, and business stakeholders to assess and determine the data to be monitored
- Review IT security controls for sensitive information copy to lower environments
- Organize and communicate with respective teams for installs, upgrades and support of Varonis solution
- Ad hoc duties and accountabilities as directed by the Information Security Manager Special Projects.
- Assisting with the resolution of escalated issues and actively participating in problem management activities.
- As a member of the operations team participate in an on-call support rotation to ensure 24x7x365 coverage for critical core and customer infrastructure.
- Handle support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner
- Assist with gathering documentation to support internal and external audits.
- Development of metrics and reports.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant degree in Cyber Security field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in IT, preferable in Infrastructure and/or Security.
- Experience in implementing, and managing data discovery, mapping, classification, Stale data monitoring capability using solution such as Varonis, BigID etc.
- Ability to design, test and deploy data detection policies to run discovery scans.
- Managing & Maintaining Varonis Servers & Components.
- Support & Service activities to include Permissions and File shares.
- Willing to work in Hybrid model.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Centre
- Experience in assessing IT Security controls and data risk
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-learning and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French and English preferred). Need to interact on a regular basis with English-speaking clients and colleagues across the country (asset)
- Strong analytical skills, positive attitude, team spirit and eagerness to learn
- You are analytical, pragmatic, but also able to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders from multiple teams in a customer-oriented approach.
What We Offer
- Security Certifications: Industry recognize security certifications – Security+, CEH, GIAC
- Experience with security tools such as Varonis, BigID, OneTrust etc.
- Nice to have experience with data inventory development and mapping
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA or ServiceNow
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
We are an equal opportunity employer
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.If you are an employee of Intact or belairdirect, please apply for this role on Contact People.