Proficio is an award-winning managed detection and response (MDR) services provider. We provide 24/7 security monitoring, investigation, alerting and response services to organizations in healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, retail and other industries. Proficio has been highlighted in Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response Services for the last three consecutive years. We have a track record of innovation. Proficio invented the concept of SOC-as-a-Service. We were the first MSSP to provide automated response services and the first in our space to provide a risk scoring dashboard.
Our typical client is a medium to large-sized organization that lacks the in-house resources to address the challenges of a rapidly changing threat landscape. The difficulty of hiring and retaining cybersecurity professionals are widely understood but our prospective clients also struggle to effectively harness technology and build hardened processes.
While Proficio has developed a unified service delivery platform designed to meet the needs of the most demanding clients, what sets us apart is the quality and passion of our people. We believe the SOC of the Future will meld the creativity of human intelligence with the power of advanced technologies like AI.Summary
Proficio is seeking a Solutions Engineer for the Central US (travel is required - position will be based out of Kansas City or Dallas area). The Solutions Engineer is responsible for proof of concept (PoC) support both to the internal sales team and to PoC customers directly. This role is for a technical resource that can design and implement solutions to demonstrate Proficio’s extensive capabilities in order to close potential PoC sales. Successful candidates are subject matter experts in a wide range of security disciplines including perimeter security, end point security, insider threat, SIEM and malware.
Successful candidates must have a realistic view of a sales-driven culture and fanatical drive for customer success. This position is fast paced, highly technical, and demands excellent communication skills.Responsibilities
- Be a technical resource with a influential personality that can drive sales during PoCs (including creating reports and designing dashboards in the SIEM, and highlighting overall SIEM portal functionality)
- Design and execute demos in the portal to highlight the capabilities of security monitoring through advanced correlation and user/entity behavioral analytics
- Support the sales team to ensure timely and successful closing of sales to potential Proficio customers
- Act as a primary point of escalation for technical issues to support the sales team
- Act as a business resource to the customer and provide “industry expert” executive level selling practices while delivering clear differentiation
- Shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas
- Reviews customer environment prior to sale to ensure our contract accurately reflect all upgrade work required at the start of our services
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- SIEM experience is required (Splunk ES preferred)
- One or more certifications, such as: CISSP, CISM, GIAC (any), PCI, QSA, CEH, etc.
- Previous experience working for a services organization in a pre-sales position
- Exceptional communication skills suitable for audiences including both the very technical and C-level executives
- Strong knowledge of Information Security Products and Techniques (SIEM, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention (IDS/IPS)
- Strong working knowledge of operating systems (i.e.: Windows, UNIX, RedHat Linux) and RDBMS Systems such as Oracle, MYSQL and MS SQL
- Strong Network experience and fluency in Enterprise architectures
- Ability to achieve goals in a dynamic and flexible work environment
- Self-motivated, and strong self-study habits
- Detailed-oriented work style
This role services the Central portion of the US. Work is remote, and requires an established home office within 45 minutes of a major airport. Travel to customers in the Central US is required approximately 30% of the time and travel to the corporate office in San Diego may also occur.Benefits
- Salary range $123,000 to $127,000 USD
- Health, Dental and Vision plans available first of the month
- Other benefits: Basic Life/ Voluntary Life, Voluntary Disability, Supplemental Insurance (Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Protection Coverage)
- Tax advantage products: Health Savings Accounts, Flexible spending Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement, Dependent Care Assistance Accounts)
- ProLunch, Game Room and fun employee activities!
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
Proficio is an EOE Employer