Position: Senior Manager Operations Finance
Location : Cambridge
Southbridge Health Care LP (Southbridge) is currently looking to add a talented Senior Manager Operations Finance to our amazing corporate finance team at our head office in Cambridge, ON.
Reporting to the VP – Finance, Operations, the Senior Manager will help build, lead, and mentor a team of operations accountants responsible for the financial reporting of Long-Term Care and Retirement homes. The Senior Manager role is a highly visible position that provides the foundation in all aspects of operations finance and accounting. The Senior Manager will be involved at various depths with financial reporting, regulatory remittances, accounting, treasury, compliance, and audit.
Southbridge is the owner and operator of long-term care homes and retirement communities in Ontario. Southbridge’s mission is to operate a best-in-class portfolio of care homes and retirement communities that consistently deliver excellence in care and services in an economically sustainable manner.
Senior Manager Operations Finance has responsibility for the following components, including but not limited to:
- Manage the success of the relationship with the operations team in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified.
- In the first six months assist in the recruitment and development of the property accounting team.
- On an ongoing basis oversee the property accounting team of five individuals and support property office managers and Executive Directors. This includes the completion and analysis of the financial operating budget, monthly and annual accounting, monitor monthly performance metrics and guide key team members to meet goals, and ensure timely proper reporting to the corporate reporting team.
- Lead monthly results calls with the properties.
- Assist in ensuring regulatory and tax compliance to all provincial/local regulations and laws and regulations relating to the properties. Including ensuring the completion of the ARR audit and assisting with other reporting for long term care homes to the MOLTC.
- Guide property accounting team to operate within established company policies and practices.
- Identify and develop key talent in order to facilitate promotional career growth opportunities.
- Assist in the successful onboarding and implementation of an ERP system.
- Expectation of travel to properties to provide assistant during transition periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
- An in depth understanding of the senior care continuum.
- Understanding of accounting and tax requirements for Canadian senior housing companies, including in depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ability to demonstrate finance, operational, and team member success.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- High level understanding of fiscal management.
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
Note: At Southbridge, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring.
Powered by JazzHR