Three full-time postdoctoral positions in cybersecurity are available at the Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity (CIC), University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Canada. The candidate will work under the supervision of the Institute's Director and with CIC’s research staff on research, design, and development of techniques and algorithms used in Cybersecurity. The position is full-time and funded by external monies; the salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The postdoctoral appointment will start on a mutually agreeable date, is for one year and can be extended depending upon the availability of funding.
CIC is a comprehensive multidisciplinary training, research & development and entrepreneurial unit that operates in close collaboration with researchers in social science, business, computer science, engineering, law, science and other research centres. Established in 2016, CIC serves as one of the very few institutes where the researchers and practitioners can come together in a collegial atmosphere to share innovative ideas and thoughts and conducts multidisciplinary research and training. The position will work independently to convert project requirements to Technical Design Specifications and develop code for enterprise-wide and other cybersecurity projects.
Required skills and experience:
- A PhD (completed by the start of appointment) in computer science with expertise in network and information security, networking and other relevant research area.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to do independent research, as well as to work collaboratively with other team members.
Helpful skills and experience:
- Application development using Java, Python and/or C/C++.
- Technical abilities in systems design, coding, testing, debugging and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and implementation of large networked and security systems.
Successful applicants will assist in one or more of the following:
- Developing novel learning and mining techniques for people-centric security (user profiling), security data analytics, network security, mobile security, malware analysis, botnet detection, analysis and mitigation, security visualization.
- Designing a platform for collecting actionable security intelligence.
- Writing and submitting the research results for publication.
Application review will continue until the positions are filled. To apply please include your curriculum vitae and the following:
- Research experience (projects, publications, etc.)
- Two representative publications
- Proof of language proficiency (international applicants)
- Contact information (email, address, phone) of three references
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PDF Local 60550. The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Learn more about UNB's Postdoctoral Program.