About The Progam
At Pega, we understand that life happens. Whether you took a break to welcome a new family member, support a loved one, serve in the military, explore the world, or embark on a career shift through education, we're committed to smoothing your return to the workforce.
Pega’s Return-to-Work program is a 16-week paid Returnship for experienced professionals who have at least 5 years of experience and are returning to the workforce after taking at least a 2-year hiatus. This is your chance to showcase your expertise, refresh your knowledge, contribute to meaningful projects, and relaunch your career!
The program will provide specialized onboarding and professional development opportunities including mentorship and skills trainings in partnership with reacHIRE
to help you acclimate.Meet Our Team
Pega’s services engineering delivers core capabilities to run our Clients’ Pega Applications and our Pega Cloud Services Business at scale. The next generation of Pega platform architecture that you will be developing uses cutting-edge cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, etc. Our team develops Pega's high-throughput runtime platform and services which enables the cost-effective, performant, scalable, upgradable, reliable, and resilient operation of our offerings with a modern microservices-based architecture, best-in-class technologies, and a frictionless client experience, to support the $1B and growing client base on the Pega Engine.
That’s a challenging set of expectations to meet. That’s where you come in.Picture Yourself At Pega
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in an end-to-end manner: from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, moving to technical design and implementation phase, and wrapping it up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, a combination of analytical (what’s the problem we are solving), software architecture (what’s the best way to solve it in a distributed system) as well as all-around development (various technologies), and operational skills are desired. You’ll be routinely involved in design and development with a key focus on distributed/cloud computing, concurrency, and performance for our cloud native runtime engine and its services.What You'll Do At Pega
Who You Are
- Designing, developing, deploying, and operating core runtime services in fast-paced and innovative Agile working environment.
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities.
- Taking part in the process of refining, clarifying, and turning high level platform business domain problems into technical solution and architecture.
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools.
You are a proven performer with a solid foundation in software development, including object-oriented design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and continuous integration. You are passionate about exploring new technologies, have an eye for software design and committed to putting your software development skills into practice building fit-for-purpose solutions. You are a thought leader who combines energy, creativity, and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-call industry practices to evolve the runtime engine that powers the Pega platformWhat You've Accomplished
It Would Be An Asset If You Have
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Kotlin or Core Java development skills (& openness to other technologies)
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with, the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to work on a Scrum team
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features.
Pega Offers You
- Familiarity with Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes, Docker
- Deployment and operational perspective – monitoring, CI/CD, etc.
- TDD, ATDD experience
- Understanding distributed systems concepts such as scalability, resiliency, and consistency.
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
Job ID: 19995Inclusion and Diversity –
Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture .
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.Accommodations –
If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here .
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement