WellNow Urgent Care is here to help our patients get well. Founded in 2011 with just 12 locations, we have quickly grown to 200+ locations across New York, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Our growth-focused model positions us as one of the fastest-growing providers of quality urgent, virtual, and occupational care. Come join our team today!
WellNow is a part of TAG – The Aspen Group – a family of like-minded brands whose mission it is to empower our teams to deliver the best possible experience and care to every patient that walks through our doors, which means we have a rich bench of experts to collaborate with, borrow from and share wins with.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth, we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our IT team as a Senior Software Developer - Front End.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will join one of our teams focused on building websites for one or more of our brands. We're modernizing our tech stack, moving from various technologies to a common platform using React and headless CMS for content. Our backend teams have updated their code and are now building a GraphQL layer to modernize our RESTful APIs. Our platform engineering team has built a modern CI/CD pipeline with single-click deploys to our Kubernetes stack. These changes enable our teams to build up skills in A/B testing and more rapid experimentation for our brands.
We also expect our teams to have a strong focus on quality, with our teams leveraging tools such as Cypress and Playwright.
This role offers career growth to lead teams over time. The development team is based in Chicago, with a second team in Europe, and is expanding as we increasingly bring in-house and unify our tech stack for our brands. Our product, marketing, and UX teams are also in our new Chicago office.
- Build new and enhance existing websites.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Ensure quality using unit tests and automation tests such as Cypress and Playwright.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across various web-capable devices and browsers.
- Contribute new ideas to improve software practices and processes.
- Submit and conduct peer code reviews as part of our DevOps pipeline.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology with 5+ years of hands-on experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Familiarity with application state management concepts and libraries.
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js).
- Experience integrating APIs with RESTful and GraphQL services.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms and security best practices.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.