Have you streamed a program on Disney+, watched your favorite binge-worthy series on Peacock or cheered your favorite team on during the World Cup from one of the 20 top streaming platforms around the globe? If the answer is yes, you’ve already benefitted from Conviva technology, helping the world’s leading streaming publishers deliver exceptional streaming experiences and grow their businesses.Conviva is the only global streaming analytics platform for big data that collects, standardizes, and puts trillions of cross-screen, streaming data points in context, in real time. The Conviva platform provides comprehensive, continuous, census-level measurement through real-time, server side sessionization at unprecedented scale. If this sounds important, it is! We measure a global footprint of more than 500 million unique viewers in 180 countries watching 220 billion streams per year across 3 billion applications streaming on devices. With Conviva, customers get a unique level of actionability and scale from continuous streaming measurement insights and benchmarking across every stream, every screen, every second.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer
to join our Data Platform team in Foster City, CA.
What Success Will Look Like
- This role and the team are based in Foster City, CA, and you'll be required to spend a minimum of 3 days/week at our Foster City office.
Who You Are & What You've Done
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Develop RESTful APIs using Node.js and MySQL.
- Partner closely with product to bring great experience to our end users.
- Design and deliver extensible web application following best practices of accessibility, visualization and usability.
- Deliver products in an agile team environment.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Own the frontend development of some of Conviva’s new product.
- Quickly iterate on the frontend features based on customer feedback.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, backend engineers and QEs.
- Utilize the Conviva UI library to achieve consistent look and feel with other Conviva products.
- Create new UI components and contribute to the Conviva UI library.
The expected salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $190,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation and the specific are determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, relevant education or training.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including system design, data structures and algorithms.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ experience of web application development (preferably Node.js framework app using RESTful APIs, and Database technology (Mysql).
- Proficient in at least one of modern front-end frameworks React.js and supporting technologies (Redux, Flux).
- Experience with technologies such as HTML, CSS, Less, Webpack, Babel, NPM.
- A pragmatic approach to delivering modular and extensible code.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Plus: experience of working with a global engineering team.
Underpinning the Conviva platform is a rich history of innovation. More than 60 patents represent award-winning technologies and standards, including first-of-its kind-innovations like time-state analytics and AI-automated data modeling, that surfaces actionable insights. By understanding real-world human experiences and having the ability to act within seconds of observation, our customers can solve business-critical issues and focus on growing their business ahead of the competition. Examples of the brands Conviva has helped fuel streaming growth for include: DAZN, Disney+, HBO, Hulu, NBCUniversal, Paramount+, Peacock, Sky, Sling TV, Univision and Warner Bros Discovery.
Privately held, Conviva is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with offices and people around the globe. For more information, visit us at www.conviva.com. Join us to help extend