Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.General Summary
Unum is hiring for a Security Analyst I to join our Information Security Risk & Resiliency Team. This role will primarily require cyber defense analysis and incident response and analysis of malware vulnerabilities to a lesser extent. In this role you will investigate, analyze, and respond to cyber incidents within the network environment providing security administration support to internal/external auditors, business users, contractors, vendors, and Information Technology staff. This role requires a thorough understanding of multiple technical services and the ability to establish and enhance processes and procedures for continuous improvement purposes.Job Specifications
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, additional consideration given if you possess a GISP
- 2 or more years of professional experience in the field of Information Security required
- Demonstrable knowledge of corporate, industry and professional standards, e.g., ITIL, and Agile methodology
- Experience in implementing and operating security technology such as firewalls, multi-level security implementation, security assessment scanners, and security monitoring tools (e.g., IDS/IPS, SEIM, AV, Qualys, etc.)
- Possess the ability to analyze malware & conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Experience to accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence, assessment and/or planning products.
- Understands how to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Experience in supporting global identity and access management solutions (Identity Management, Access Management, Virtual Directory, SSO)
- Experience on SSO (Single-Sign-On) technologies including cloud, SAML and federation of identities (IdP initiated, and SP initiated), multi-factor authentication
- Experience with any combination of the below specific technologies desired:
- Preferred experience with Azure, O365 and/or AWS
- Experience with Operating System Security (Windows, Apple, AIX, Linux, zOS)
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
- Able to effectively handle multiple assignments, work under minimal direction, and deal effectively with changing business priorities and conflicts
- Monitor information security alerts across a variety of platforms, deploying countermeasures, escalating issues, and resolving incidents as needed.
- Assist in the tuning and development of new alerts and countermeasures.
- Install, upgrade, manage, and maintain software and hardware to support the Information Security function as needed.
- Research information security vulnerabilities as they pertain to the Unum Group environment and present findings.
- Work closely with peers as well as other departments and stakeholders to improve the effectiveness of the Information Security Program, minimizing disruption and protecting assets while enabling the business to succeed.
- Demonstrate continual learning and skill development in the field of Information Security
- Works as part of a team that leverages agile approaches (KANBAN) to meet business needs at an accelerated pace.
- Frequently participates in and may lead complex, cross-functional projects.
- Formulates specific project tasks, identifying timeframes and needed resources, accountable for plan completion.
- Communicates and assigns order to high-priority incidents.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.Company