By bringing together people that use their passion for purposeful innovation, at Lockheed Martin we keep people safe and solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work. With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel development and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. At Lockheed Martin, we place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering innovation, integrity, and exemplifying the epitome of corporate responsibility. Your Mission is Ours.
Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a Summer 2024 Cyber Systems Security Engineer Intern for the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) Program.In This Role, You Will
The Successful Candidate Will Have Experience And/or Knowledge Of
- Support Cyber risk assessment activities, which include threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, and development/updates of mitigations.
- Acquire the skills to take an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to planning, design, development, validation and verification of Cyber solutions and development of Cyber plans and procedures.
- Support the Cyber team as a representative to non-Cyber teams. This includes supporting collaborative engagements to identify Cyber requirements; identify solution sets; and verify hardware/software compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Vulnerability analysis
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or a similar program with an emphasis on Cyber Security.
- General knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- General knowledge of vulnerability analysis
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain an Interim US clearance prior to starting
Security Clearance Statement:
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Windows or Linux (e.g. Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Hands-on Scripting (e.g. Python, shell/bash, PowerShell, or other similar software tools.)
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Embedded systems.
- Software development experience.
- Open-source intelligence and similar methodologies.
- Cyber-hardening operating systems using Department of Defense standards (i.e., DISA STIGs).
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level:
SecretOther Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest:
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely:
Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules:
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position:
Part-Time as assigned by leaderLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.Experience Level:
Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit:
Cyber Security EngineeringType: