Security Analyst IIDepartment:
Cybersecurity & Program ManagementCorporate Area:
Technology & OperationsStatus:
Regular, Full time ExemptManager Title:
Director, Networking & CybersecurityPosition Overview:
The Senior Security Analyst II is responsible for the design, configuration, testing, and deployment of on-prem and cloud services. They will provide Incident Response, threat hunting and proactive support of all development activities in both the cloud and on-prem environments.Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Requirements for success:
- Ensuring anomalous activity is detected and the potential impact of events is understood.
- Ensuring that information systems and assets are monitored to identify cybersecurity events and verify the effectiveness of protective measures.
- Ensuring detection processes and procedures are maintained and tested to ensure awareness of anomalous events.
- Ensuring response activities are coordinated with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., external support from service providers).
- Ensuring analysis is conducted to ensure effective response and support recovery activities.
- Ensuring activities are performed to prevent expansion of an event, mitigate its effects, and resolve the incident.
- Ensuring response processes and procedures are executed and maintained, to ensure response to detected cybersecurity incidents.
- Ensuring recovery processes and procedures are executed and maintained to ensure restoration of systems or assets affected by cybersecurity incidents.
- Ensuring recovery planning and processes are improved by incorporating lessons learned into future activities.
- Ensuring restoration activities are coordinated with internal and external parties (e.g. coordinating centers, other CSIRTs, and vendors).
- Additional activities as necessary to support the overall cybersecurity and PBS mission.
Education and/or certification requirement:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a systems engineer or administrator.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working as a security analyst.
- Minimum of 5 years’ cybersecurity experience.
Skills and abilities:
- GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCED, or equivalent GIAC defense focused certifications desired.
- Certifications by EC-Council, ISC2, Cisco, Microsoft, Fortinet, CompTIA, Offensive Security, etc. to be considered based on relevance to defensive cybersecurity operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as cybersecurity, information technology, or computer science; equivalent combination of experience may be considered.
- Ability to participate as a technical lead on all projects requiring cybersecurity expertise and consultation.
- Ability to lead a Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) and Managed Security Services Partners (MSSPs) in the execution of daily incident response activities.
- Ability to deploy, integrate, configure, and maintain systems which comprise the overall cybersecurity technology stack.
- Ability to communicate complex cybersecurity concepts in a clear and concise manner for laypersons unfamiliar with cybersecurity and/or IT concepts.
- Desire and ability to help drive organizational adoption and buy-in of cybersecurity policies and standards across the PBS ecosystem.
- Eagerness to develop, grow, and maintain strong inter-team relationships across the business to aid in the accomplishment of the PBS mission
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Expert knowledge in the following technologies and concepts: DFIR, IAM, PAM, DLP, NGFW, EDR, SIEM, IDS/IPS.
- Strong foundational knowledge in IT technologies and concepts not limited to email security technologies, application security, cloud security (IaaS & PaaS, etc.), MITRE ATT&CK, SIEM, SOAR, CASB, MSSPs, DNS, Linux, Windows.