MatchBox Consulting Group is urgently searching for a Cyber Security Specialist for a permanent position for our client based Langley BC. This is a hybrid position 3 days per week on-site and 2 days remote. The office location requires candidates to have a valid BC drivers license and access to their own vehicle.
- Conduct threat and risk analysis and analyze the business impact of new and existing systems and technologies to eliminate risk, performance, and capacity issues.
- maintain vulnerability assessments and configure audits of operating systems, web servers, and databases and detect patterns, insecure features, and malicious activities in the infrastructure.
- Perform research, testing, evaluation, and deployment of security technology and procedures.
- Develop custom systems for specialized security features and procedures for software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware.
- Develop and implement information security standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Keep current with new intrusion methods and develop protection plans.
- Conduct counteractive protocols and report incidents.
- Collect data on current security measures for risk analysis and write systems status reports regularly.
- Monitor constantly for attacks and run appropriate defensive protocols if a breach occurs.
- Conduct testing to identify vulnerabilities and collaborate with cybersecurity team to update defensive protocols when necessary.
- Configure antivirus systems, firewalls, data centers, and software updates with a security-first mindset.
- Grant credentials to authorized users, monitor access-related activities, and check for unregistered information changes.
- Help lead employee training to prevent phishing and other forms of cyberattack.
- Three to five years of experience in cybersecurity at a midsize or large company.
- Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions.
- Proficiency with antivirus and security software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in both individual and team settings.
- Ability to think like a hacker to stay ahead of threats.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com