Cyber Security Architect
Calgary, AB, Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON (Contract)About Insight
Insight Enterprises Inc. serves clients in 190 countries, and in Canada, our robust staffing department specializes in placing top-notch IT Professionals into sought-after roles across the country.Job Description
Our client, a global real estate developer, is seeking a Cyber Security Architect to help mature their cyber capabilities across the organization beginning with an intial 5 month contract employment opportunity (possible extension available). The ideal Cyber Security Architect candidate will have cloud security architecture experience, a strong background with SaaS, and the ability to provide value to the organization's information security processes and architecture.Key Responsibilities
- Help mature and enhance our cyber capabilities across the organization.
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight in cloud infrastructure and enterprise application projects.
- Provide architectural oversight and be a key team member for the execution of our Cyber Security roadmap.
- Assist in day-to-day security by design initiatives (assessments, reviews, and risk).
- Develop and support architecture design that complies with industry recognized Information Security Standards and best practices.
- Represent cyber security during product impact reviews and assessments for new project initiatives or purchased technology products.
- Conduct industry research and propose recommendations to address business or project needs.
- Create security architecture artifacts.
- Assess solutions provided by 3rd party vendors.
- Stay up to date with emerging security threats and technologies and make recommendations for security posture improvements.
Top Skills Necessary:
- Security Architecture experience
- 5+ years providing technical expertise regarding end-to-end planning, acquisition and implementation of technology solutions (cloud-based applications preferred), enforcing security policies, standards and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience performing threat and privacy assessments of IT environments.
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in information security.
- Cloud security architecture experience.
- Industry-recognized information security certifications such as: CISSP, CISM, CEH.
- Strong ability to provide value to the organization’s information security processes and architecture.
- Some experience with maturity models and capability mapping would be valuable.
- Expertise in security architecture review, assessment of SaaS applications, and in-house developed solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex technical topics in easy-to-understand language.
- Proactive mindset to work remotely without oversight to focus on value delivered for the client.
- Mentorship to junior security resources to relay an architectural mindset and share security knowledge.
- A collaborative approach to work with our enterprise architecture, cyber security and extended IT teams.
- Experience with IoT or building technology security models (eg. Purdue/ISA95, MQTT) would be an asset.
Please submit your resume detailing all relevant experience and certifications. We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes:Calgary||Alberta (CA-AB)||Canada (CA)||IT Infrastructure&Support|| None ||Remote||