Located on the beautiful homeland that is the traditional territory of the Ojibwe, Potawatomi and Odawa First Nations, for over 50 years, Lambton College has been a ground-breaking institution. Lambton College is a national leader in applied research, teaching methodologies, experiential learning opportunities and future-facing educational innovations. With 13,000+ students from 20 countries around the world, two main campuses in Sarnia, Ontario, and a growing roster of more than 90 diploma, certificate and degree programs, Lambton College offers students flexible learning options with a broad range of programs and courses that incorporate elements of classroom, mobile, hybrid and accelerated educational alternatives.
Lambton College currently ranks third overall in Canada, and second overall in Ontario for Research in addition to maintaining a ranking within the top 4 Colleges for Research in Canada for seven straight years.
At Lambton College, we're proud of where we have been, but more importantly, where we are going, together. With Caring and Vitality as two of our core values at Lambton College, you know you'll be joining a team of passionate and fun colleagues.About The Position
The Office Assistant provides an array of administrative support duties to Office of the Registrar and Financial Aid Services, including handling a variety of inquiries that require knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. The Office Assistant supports academic record functions throughout the student life cycle, including transcript requests, processing student ID card requests, answering inquiries regarding T2202A tax forms, and other duties as assigned. The incumbent will interpret student information, verify accuracy, and investigate and resolve issues with academic records. The Office Assistant will preserve the highest level of privacy while working with personal and sensitive documents.Specific Accountabilities
- Processes and validates all student transcript requests
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality when dealing with student records and personal information
- Coordinates, prioritizes and accommodates requests for the use of College facilities; assesses the needs of users and determines most appropriate use of College space
- Investigates and responds to T2202A tax inquiries from students
- Investigates and resolves issues with academic records to prepare for Ministry reporting
- Processes student ID card requests and troubleshoots technical issues in conjunction with IT
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year diploma in Office Administration, Business, or Community/Social Services.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a position that processes specialized information and resolving problems.
- Proficiency in operating a computer.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy, and judgement as needed.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
Lambton College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lambton College is an equal opportunity employer seeking to live its values in all we do. We are committed to taking proactive steps to provide and create opportunities for historically marginalized groups. We seek applicants who will strengthen our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We strongly encourage the following qualified candidates: women, Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ to consider working with and for Lambton College.
We recognize that structural barriers shape experiences and job qualifications, and therefore we seek to use employment equity to differentiate between candidates who meet the required qualifications; and encourage people to apply even if they feel that the position would be a stretch.Employee Perks
Lambton College provides a wide range of exciting opportunities for both unionized and non-unionized positions with competitive total compensation packages, wages and benefits.Investing In Our People
Lambton College is committed to the personal and professional growth of all our employees. Employees of Lambton College are incredibly valued and part of a transformative adventure. They enjoy an engaging and vibrant culture where they are encouraged to realize their full potential via development opportunities and accessible, supportive employee wellness initiatives.
Investing in our PeopleLifetime Retirement Pension - Defined Benefit Pension Plan
Our employee benefit package includes a defined benefit pension to help you create a secure future. The CAAT Pension Plan provides you with a predictable lifetime retirement income, survivor benefits, early retirement options, and more without the stress of making investment decisions. CAAT makes it easy for you to build stable, secure retirement income while you work.