The City of Orillia has an opening for a full-time position for Project Official III (Stormwater/Drafting) in the Development Services and Engineering Department.DUTIES
- Support the Project Engineer – Stormwater to manage Lot Grading, Drainage and Site Alteration applications and complaints.
- Support the planning, design and construction of municipal stormwater infrastructure projects including the preparation of requests for consultant quotations, preparation of construction tender documents.
- Prepare drafting detail sketches and location maps for various reports including Council reports, etc.
- Provide support with the coordination of Storm Water Management including Master Plan Updates, infrastructure upgrades and Low Impact Development opportunities.
- Assist in the collection of data and the implementation of a municipal stormwater modelling software including field data collection.
- Coordinate the maintenance of GIS Specialist, and update the municipal utility map book
- Prepare mechanical piping drawings and schematics for the Water Filtration Plant, Wastewater Treatment Centre and pumping stations.
- Support the preparation of applications for permits and approval as well as the review and comment on stormwater infrastructure for development approval applications.
- Post-secondary Diploma in Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Municipal drafting and design experience is an asset.
- OACETT Certified Technologist designation preferred.
- Experience in municipal survey and layout using total station, data collector and civil design software.
- Excellent computer skills using AutoCAD, relevant design software, MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word, email software and the internet.
- Experience with Geographic Information System software, Microsoft Project, and Bluebeam is an asset.
- Experience with Stormwater modelling software would be an asset.
- Possess a valid class ‘G’ Ontario’s driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
- A current and acceptable Criminal Record Check is required at the incumbent’s expense prior to the employment commencement date.
Compensation for this position is $29.18 to $34.84 per hour for a 35-hour work week. Interested members of IBEW – Clerical and Technical Bargaining Unit are invited to submit their application by December 1, 2023 at noon.Applications will only be accepted by applying online. Please click the “Apply Now” button below.
Note: The City of Orillia is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. Accommodation will be provided in all steps of the hiring process. Please advise the City of Orillia Human Resources Department if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants that apply and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act 2001,S.O. 2001, c. 25., and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Freedom of Information Coordinator, City of Orillia, 50 Andrew St. S., Orillia ON L3V 7T5.Apply Now