Employment Type: Full Time, Mid-Level
CGS is seeking an eDiscovery Technician to join our team supporting the legal organization within a large Federal agency.
CGS brings motivated, highly skilled, and creative people together to solve government’s most dynamic problems with cutting edge technology. To carry out our mission, we are seeking candidates that are excited to contribute to government innovation, appreciate collaboration, and can anticipate the needs of others. Here at CGS, we offer an environment in which our employees feel supported, and we encourage professional growth through various learning opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Log the production in the Agency's eDiscovery Tracking System
- Digest the cover letter (which may be several pages long) and provide a brief description of the production
- If the media received is encrypted and no password is provided, the contractor shall call the producing party to obtain the password
- Determine if the cover letter contains substantive information that would qualify it for loading into Relativity
- Virus scan the production off-network, using multiple virus protection software and other tools
- If issues are detected, the contractor shall follow protocol to either address the issue or reject the production
- Once the production is determined to be “clean” of viruses, the contractor shall copy the production to the Agency's network
- Follow specific protocol and procedures when handling various types of documents, such as whistleblower, RFPA (Request for Financial Privacy Act), documents received through MOUs (Memorandums of Understanding), International documents, BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) documents, audio files, transcripts, laptops or paper
- Analyze the productions to determine what type of processing is required of them, and which protocol to follow
- Analyze the data to ensure its completeness
- If the data is “load ready”, inspect it to ensure that all components are present. If incomplete, communicate the issue to the Litigation Support Specialist assigned to that matter
- Monitor for incoming productions arriving via email
- Monitor the Agency's FTP site for productions being delivered via FTP
- Scan and OCR small amounts of paper documents in preparation for loading into Relativity
- If a production contains multiple boxes of paper, the contractor shall coordinate having the documents scanned off-site
- Three years of eDiscovery technical experience in compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing information to support project task requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. Three years of additional, directly relevant work experience (over and above the minimum experience requirements for this position) may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of information resources
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to consistently deliver the highest quality work under extreme pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience in managing multiple tasks such as those defined in the Duties & Responsibilities above must be demonstrated
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience with Government software policies and procedures
- Client-facing communication experience
- Federal Agency issued security clearance
Contact Government Services (CGS) strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting-edge technology with world-class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit our client’s specific needs. We are committed to solving the most challenging and dynamic problems.
For the past seven years, we’ve been growing our government contracting portfolio, and along the way, we’ve created valuable partnerships by demonstrating a commitment to honesty, professionalism, and quality work.
Here at CGS we value honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers mending those relations for years to come.
We care about our employees. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
- Paid Time Off and Observance of State/Federal Holidays
Contact Government Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Join our team and become part of government innovation!
Explore additional job opportunities with CGS on our Job Board:
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com or contact: