At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly has identified Patient Support Programs (“PSPs”) as one of several core capabilities needed to ensure successful launches of our products. We are investing in building a service ecosystem to discover and respond to the individual holistic needs of our patients.
Through authentic one-to-one relationships, we seek to create an invaluable resource for patients and build the trust necessary to deliver the meaningful experiences inherent in the promise of our brands and of Lilly.
This role is determined to be a flexible worker, where on-site presence in the Toronto office is expected to be 4-12 days per month, as determined by your manager and business needs.
Reporting to the Lilly Canada PSP Lead, this role will be responsible for the development of strategy and operational implementation supporting one or more PSPs.
As a member of Lilly’s PSP team, the successful candidate will also provide consultation and support across brands and business units. This role will work closely and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including HCPs, vendors and other cross-functional team members (Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Government Affairs, Legal, Ethics & Compliance, Patient Safety, Privacy, IT, Finance, etc.) to deliver meaningful customer experiences.
Candidates must be comfortable with working in an ambiguous environment and implementing change as well as embrace the opportunity to shape an area of strategic importance for Lilly, all while keeping the patient at the center of everything we do.
Position may require up to 10% travel across geography.Responsibilities
PSP Strategy Development & Program Design:
Existing PSP Ongoing Monitoring & Oversight
- Work with brand teams to identify patients’ needs, understand customers’ expectation and ensure competitive landscape assessment.
- Co-development of our overarching PSP strategy based on the needs/expectations of our customers and aligned with global design principles, the brand team guidance and ocal brand team leadership.
- Bring expertise in requirements that are specific to PSP design & implementation in Canada and to our Business Units
- Co-lead the cross functional team (brand, medical, IT, patient safety, quality, supply chain, legal, ethics & compliance, market access, government affairs, finance, etc.) to design all details/offerings of the program and ensure governance approval.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team to define capabilities and required resources for a successful launch.
Key Member Of PSP Team
- Champion quality in the delivery of existing PSPs to continuously improve and streamline our existing PSP.
- Act as conduit between Lilly and PSP vendor managing the interactions with patients to ensure timely issues resolutions.
- Collaborate with our PSP vendors to and ensure we are delivering on the customer experience, that we are continually adjusting to the dynamics of the market and that we adopt an innovative mindset.
- Conduct regular meetings and Cross Functional Quarterly Business Unit Review to ensure adherence to our Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and efficiency in the delivery of our programs.
- Conduct regular call monitoring and review of customer surveys and share proactively with cross functional brand.
- Work proactively with the cross functional brand team to review customer feedback & leverage environment insights to ensure our programs continue to be a valuable resource to our patients and HCP.
- Ensure PSP is run in accordance with Lilly Standards (Patient Safety, Medical Quality, Customer Experience principals, etc.) and that relevant training is provided as needed.
- Lead the budgeting, financial tracking to ensure adherence to contracts with our vendors.
- Be part of the PSP team, working collaboratively with PSP owners and sharing learnings to enhance the overall PSP capabilities at Lilly Canada and ensure we deliver best in class PSPs across all of our brands.
- Participate regularly with the PSP working sessions, formal PSP Governance reviews, and full PSP quarterly review to ensure the PSP team is delivering on the high standards that we have committed to.
- 3+ years of Patient Support Program management experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or 5+ years of relevant experience (market access, brand management, operations, etc.)
- Knowledge of reimbursement policies and practices in private and public sectors is preferred.
- Capabilities in budget management
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Comfort in leveraging CRM platforms to monitor program performance.
- University Degree, MBA preferred.
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Ability to work on complex project/problems in a dynamic environment; coordinate a complex implementation plan; Analytical and process skills, and experience with project management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams, tasks, timelines, and dependencies and proactively managing interaction and communication with stakeholders, expectations, capturing feedback, mitigation plans.
- Customer facing experience required with an unwavering commitment to creating exceptional experiences for our customers.
- Expertise in collaborating effectively across business units, functional departments and external vendors.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired by Lilly as described in the attached Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. The requirement to be vaccinated is inclusive of any approved boosters, should they be deemed necessary in the future. Deadlines for boosters will be communicated through an updated policy as needed.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.