Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:In-office locations: Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): Massachusetts, USA; Maine, USA; New Hampshire, USA; New Jersey, USA; New York, USA; Pennsylvania, USA; Vermont, USA.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a sales role in the enterprise software or cloud space.
- 5 years of experience selling to clients in the enterprise cybersecurity or IT field.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required.
About The Job
- Experience carrying and exceeding strategic business goals in a sales role.
- Experience starting a territory from scratch, and understanding the security partner ecosystem.
- Product and solution knowledge of market trends in cybersecurity and Cloud.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize sales activity with attention to detail.
- Ability to build continuous relationships, selling to C-level executives across security and IT business units, and ensure customer success and adoption leading to customer expansion.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Security Sales Specialist supporting our Security Operations business and product portfolio, you will help us grow our cybersecurity business by building and expanding relationships with new and existing customers. In this role, you will work with customers to deliver true business value, demonstrate product functionality, and provide a comprehensive overview of key business use cases. You will lead day-to-day relationships with external customer stakeholders, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply your impact and the impact of the team as a whole.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $106,000-$158,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google .Responsibilities
- Construct and execute an effective territory development plan, and sell Security products in your territory to new and existing Security customers, meeting, or exceeding quarterly goals.
- Develop and drive pipeline, managing cycles from lead generation to customer onboarding.
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to the account.
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Engineering, Customer Success, Channels, Product, and Engineering teams to understand the customer, and provide excellent prospect and customer experience.
- Represent User Protection Services in regional forecasts and team meetings, and serve as stakeholder to regional Cloud leads, reporting current, accurate and timely forecasting, and business performance in tools.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .