Dematic is looking for a Software Architect to join our Operations Optimization team within the Systems Research and Development organization. The mission of the Operations Optimization team is to ensure automation solution performance via the design of highly optimized systems based on data-driven simulation modeling and advanced algorithm development.
We are launching the development of a cloud-native digital twin platform that will provide simulation-as-a-service capability to solution development teams that design automation systems for Dematic customers. This platform will underlie optimization activity from early R&D through project design and execution, improving the speed and reliability of system design and execution. This initiative is a first of its kind in the intralogistics industry and will change the way Dematic designs solutions to meet or exceed customer performance expectations.
As a software architect, you will lead the technical design of this service and its integration with other portions of Dematic’s software architecture, including Warehouse Execution System, Warehouse Management System, Control Tower, and Cloud Data Platform. You will serve as the technical expert in the areas of software architecture, dev-ops, and cloud deployment. You will provide guidance to development teams on best practices for optimal performance. You will collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our technical decisions are both aligned with company data strategy and are highly effective across our multiple use cases.
If you would like to be in on the early stages of an industry-leading cloud service development and drive its technical design, come join us, this is the opportunity for you.What we offer:
What We Offer:
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Transparency
- Global Opportunities
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offerDematic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The base pay range for this role is estimated to be $ 82,00-166,000 at the time of posting. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as work location, education, experience, knowledge, and skills.
Tasks and Qualifications:
This is What You Will do in This Role:
What We are Looking For:
- Define a modular and scalable cloud service and data strategy that enables users to define and simulation models and scenario analyses, run simulation models, test new algorithms, store large amounts of output data, and leverage this data for analysis and model training.
- Define a low-code strategy that allows non-programmers to effectively use the simulation-as-a-service capability.
- Ensure computational efficiency that allows simulation models to run at hundreds of times real-time.
- Drive the design of dynamic web interfaces and supporting infrastructure for input selection, output analysis, and 3D visualization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to leverage technology and expertise across the company and ensure alignment with the broader data and software strategies.
- Design architecture that assures security and privacy of the data for applications that are sensitive to it.
- Communicate design decisions to and collaborate with developers, OR engineers, users, and stakeholders.
- Utilize and facilitate use of Agile software development methods and structures.
Some positions in the U.S. may require vaccination against COVID-19. Where legally permitted or required, offers for such roles are contingent on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine). Candidates with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
- Education - Undergraduate degree in software engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- Architecture – 5+ years of software architecture experience; Python preferred.
- Cloud and DevOps – Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure. Experience designing and deploying a CI/CD pipeline
- Agile - Experience with Agile software development
- Growth Mindset – Passion for creating something new, high quality, and user-focused. Startup/growth mindset - focused on solving problems, learning new things, and overcoming challenges
- Cross-Functional Collaboration - Demonstrated success in highly cross-functional and collaborative environments
- Problem-solving & conflict resolution – Demonstrated success in managing and coordinating all elements that go into a successful software development project, both technical and human.
- Communication – Demonstrated success in communicating across a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience developing discrete event simulation models
- Experience in warehousing and supply chain
- Experience in operations research or industrial engineering
- Experience working with global teams.