This is a remote position.Title: Junior Application Security Analyst
Location of client:
Denver, ColoradoEmployment Type:
$66,000 - $76,000 per annumExperience Required:
Minimum 1 year of project experienceWork Arrangement:
Fully remote positionHow to Apply: visit hiremefast.net
to learn more & apply with your resume and cover letter there on the website.About us:
HireMeFast is a leading staffing and recruitment agency specializing in connecting businesses with top-tier talent across various industries. Our mission is to bridge the gap between exceptional candidates and organizations needing their skills, expertise, and unique qualities.
Our team of experienced and dedicated recruitment specialists utilises innovative sourcing strategies, and a vast network to identify and attract top talent. We conduct comprehensive procedures to ensure that only the most qualified candidates are presented to our clients.Looking for a new job? Visit our page and contact us.
Purpose of Role
An Application Security Analyst will play a pivotal role in safeguarding from cyber threats. As a seasoned professional, you will conduct comprehensive security assessments of applications and software, fortifying our digital defences against hacking, phishing, malware, and ransomware attacks. Your mission: Protecting and empowering our business in an ever-evolving digital landscape.Key Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications:
- Application Security: Manage the division-level application security program. Manage security posture for existing divisional applications and establish a prioritised backlog of projects to ensure policy compliance.
- Stakeholder Management: Work with divisional business, IS&T team members, and technical stakeholders to ensure new projects/applications conform to the Wier application security policy. Act as a Divisional single point of contact for applications security and secure development program. Ensure advice provided is of a high standard and based on the latest best practices, supported by Security Leadership and weighing the cost and risk tolerance of the organization.
- Threat & Risk Assessment: Assess changes for technical vulnerabilities, and threat models, assess security risk exposure, and identify appropriate controls to bring the risk within tolerance. Delivering risk assessment reports, threat modelling, and risk treatment recommendations in a timely and repeatable manner. Contribute to, and maintain, an effective risk management mechanism to ensure that system owners have an accurate and current view of information risk exposure. Work with SecOps and help them to build use cases to identify, and detect vulnerabilities, logging and monitoring, threat intelligence, and incident response.
- Patching Program: Manage Applications security Patching Program. Keep track of all divisional applications' security and their security patching version vs status. Coordinating security patch updates with application admins/owners to ensure applications are up-to-date.
- Continuous Improvement: Work closely with all areas of Security to provide continuous improvement of the advice provided from knowledge gained from analysing and resolving information security incidents that can be used to reduce the likelihood and/or impact of future incidents.
- Compliance & Testing: Work closely with specialists in Security Operations to build operational use cases for detection and response capabilities by ensuring Logging and Monitoring, Incident Response, and Threat Intelligence are all considered and included in security requirements, are implemented, tested, and validated by the business change delivery owner.
- Safety First: Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero-harm behaviours in support of our drive toward developing a world-class safety culture.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for candidates who can perform the objectives above.
- Understanding of Cloud migration and Application Security development lifecycle and DevSecOps principles, automation, and familiarity with security architecture modelling
- Knowledge and experience securing Azure and/or AWS
- Knowledge and experience using at least one risk methodology
- Security Software as a Service implementations
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills and a proven track record of working with businesses to meet strategic objectives
Special Benefits you will love:
- Experience in threat modelling, risk/posture assessments, and control implementation
- Experience in agile and waterfall delivery environments
- Recognized security professional qualifications (e.g CISSP, CCSP, CISMP)
- Cloud-specific qualifications (e.g – CSA CCSK, CCSP, AZ-900)
Flexible vacation paid unlimited holidays and paid sick days
401(k) with up to 2% employer match
Health, vision, and dental insuranceWhy HireMeFast LLC?
At HireMeFast, we understand that finding the right individuals to join your team is crucial for success and growth of your organization. We are committed to streamlining the hiring process for our clients, ensuring they have access to a diverse pool of highly qualified candidates who are a perfect fit for their specific needs.