We are Quantcast. Global leaders in AI-powered programmatic advertising and media performance. With measurement and consumer analytics in our DNA, we empower marketers to reach audiences and deliver measurable outcomes. Our mission is to make every marketer more successful, every campaign outperforms expectations, empowering brands to build meaningful relationships with consumers and achieve business results.
Since our founding in 2006, Quantcast has led the industry with some market-changing firsts including the first measurement platform for digital publishers and the first AI-powered DSP. If you’re ready to join a passionate team building cutting-edge solutions - Quantcast is for you.
Quantcast is hiring an Associate General Counsel to join our team in San Francisco, New York or Toronto reporting to the General Counsel, who is based in San Francisco. This is an opportunity to join a nimble, diverse team of lawyers and legal professionals dedicated to providing effective counsel on cutting edge legal issues.
We are looking for a passionate and professional team player who is detail-oriented, enthusiastic, diligent, resourceful and wants to be part of a close and collaborative legal and compliance team. This visible and impactful role requires a self-starting, flexible mindset to partner with colleagues internationally and to work cross-functionally across all levels of the organization.Responsibilities
- Product Counseling: Translate legal, regulatory, and industry requirements and evolving consumer expectations into actionable business requirements and ensure clear communication and coordination of such requirements to business and development teams.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to assess, develop and implement enhanced privacy controls and processes to product development, including oversight and monitoring.
- Serve as a subject matter expert working cross-functionally to implement product, technology, and data management changes from concept through launch, creating actionable plans and functioning work streams.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in applicable foreign and domestic regulations pertaining to privacy and data security. This includes analysis of the impact of new or pending laws and regulations on Quantcast’s business and operations.
- Privacy Program & Data Governance: Collaborate cross-functionally to drive privacy compliance and awareness across the company, including in policy development & maintenance, procurement, HR, finance, legal, sales, and other areas, globally and across industry self-regulatory bodies;
- Enhance governance, safeguards and auditing infrastructure to support ongoing compliance; clarify and define priorities for privacy features, transparency work, and ongoing program. Analyze global privacy laws and create and execute operationally viable implementation plans. For example, US/EU Data Privacy Framework, new U.S. state privacy laws,, global cookie compliance, data mapping and privacy assessment processes.
- Supervise ongoing operations/processes for the privacy function, including conducting due diligence/audits for compliance, responding to customer-initiated compliance requests, managing privacy assessments, and developing routine reports on privacy-related deliverables.
- Commercial transactions: Support the commercial transactions team in privacy components of customer, procurement and other contracts
- Policy: Participate in external industry groups; follow key trends and latest laws and regulations and make recommendations to the business to address developments
- Other: Manage outside counsel for privacy and regulatory matters Partner closely with our HR, IT/InfoSec, Marketing and other business teamsOwn relevant legal, regulatory and industry updates / trainings to Legal, business and executive teams, including creating presentation decks, roadmaps and status reports
- J.D, member of the bar in good standing NY or California
- 5 + years of privacy experience
- 2 + years of in-house privacy experience
- Have worked in a global business and be comfortable advising/coordinating advice on legal privacy issues from a global perspective
- Familiarity with and comfort working in the complex Adtech landscape
- Strategic mindset paired with the ability to execute tactically
- Ability to synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable processes across functions
- Experience working with product development teams to identify privacy risks and develop appropriate safeguards
- Experience overseeing the operational aspects of a privacy program, including developing, implementing, supplementing, and/or maintaining systems and processes for:
- Data inventory/categorization/mapping
- Compliance with data subject access requests and deletion requests
- Providing required notices and collecting required consents
- Auditing and monitoring data lifecycle controls
- Conducting privacy risk and impact assessments
- Mitigating customer and vendor privacy risks
- Proactive, comfortable exercising independent judgment, and work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Sense of ownership and must be comfortable in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Excellent judgment, character, and professional integrity
Ultimately, in determining your offer, we will take into consideration your geographic location, relevant experience and expertise, and other job-related factors. Furthermore, full-time roles are eligible for a bonus, equity, and benefits (depending on your location) which include hybrid work, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement plans. Please see our Careers page for additional information.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 18 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast operates in a hybrid work model. This model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Our hybrid model may differ based on location or team, so please consult with your hiring manager for further information. All hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or, if eligible, apply for our fully remote work program. We strongly encourage vaccination for all Quantcast employees as a way to stop the spread of COVID and protect yourself and others.