A progressive city of 187,800 people located just a short 30-minute drive from Toronto, the City of Oshawa
is one of Canada’s fastest growing communities that is exceptionally positioned to live, work, learn and invest. Its strategic pursuit of sustainable growth, excellent community service delivery and co-operative partnerships have enhanced its quality of life advantage, while maintaining a strong commitment to financial stewardship.Job Title:
Regular Full-Time Senior Systems Analyst Posting Number:
Corporate and Finance Services Department Branch:
Information Technology ServicesLocation:
City HallPosting Start Date:
2023/10/30 Posting End Date:
2023/11/13 by 4:30pmEmployment Group:
CUPE 251 Salary Grade:
12, $41.99 - $49.38 Standard Weekly Hours of Work:
36.25 Shift Work Required:
Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications, or designate, the Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for the full lifecycle development as it pertains to the City’s major enterprise software solutions. This includes analysis, design, configuring, developing, testing, training, implementing and supporting solutions to assist the business unit with their work functions.
The initial focus of this opportunity is to become a key ITS resource to complete delivery on a cross functional team accountable for implementation of CityView. Transitioning from the strategic project into Oshawa’s CityView technical expert.Responsibilities
- Translating client requirements into highly specified solutions and assessing technical and business suitability throughout the development process
- Conducting requirements analysis, developing proposals, developing implementation plans, and leading, developing, coordinating and implementing solutions
- Acting as lead on the full system development life cycle
- Delivering support of the enterprise applications and any related interfaces including troubleshooting and identification of optimal solutions, performing fit/gap analysis, identifying appropriate tools, administering support issues, coordinating user testing, and maintaining expertise on functional and technical components of enterprise software
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team (including other ITS staff and departmental staff) including contributing to strategic plans, implementation plans, providing ongoing support of automation initiatives; and occasionally being on call and working during non- business hours
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill associated with completion of a four (4) year university degree in Computer Science plus five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, design, implementations, training and testing. Completion of related certifications
- Strong experience in implementing, configuring, upgrading, and supporting enterprise systems complemented with working knowledge of CityView or other Land Management systems and best practices
- Expertise in Technical architecture and development training on the enterprise system toolset (i.e. REST/SOAP, XML, SQL, SRSS)
- Ability to think independently and recommend solutions that achieve Oshawa’s goals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills with a demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative in order to meet deadlines
This position is eligible for hybrid work.
As a condition of employment, the City of Oshawa will require successful candidates to undergo a Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check.Please be advised that position location as noted is at the time of posting and is subject to change, as required due to operational needs.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
City of Oshawa employees need to apply through the intranet (iConnect) in order to be considered as an internal candidate. All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Please ensure that you check your email regularly to receive any correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Oshawa encourages applications from women, Indigenous Peoples and persons of all cultures, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process or assistance with the application process please contact Human Resource Services. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.