As a leader in data privacy management technology, TrustArc automates and simplifies the creation of end-to-end privacy programs through sophisticated technology designed to simplify privacy needs for global organizations. TrustArc delivers the depth of privacy intelligence, coupled with the complete platform automation, that is essential for the growing number of privacy regulations in an ever-changing digital world. With a global, dynamic, and high-energy team across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, TrustArc helps customers worldwide demonstrate compliance, minimize risk, and build trust. For additional information visit www.trustarc.com.
We invest in our team member’s ongoing training and development, as well as work-life balance, with unlimited paid time off, flexible working hours, and a work from home environment. Additionally, we have weekly virtual team events such as trivia games, celebrate “international pet day”, host lunch ’n’ learns, exercise classes, Women at TrustArc ERG, and many more exciting events and activities.
All of our above initiatives and employee support is in line with our seven core values: Customer Obsessed, Fearless, Accountable, Collaborative, Agile, Transparent and Effective. We like to encourage our employees to end each day with the question: “Which value(s) did I demonstrate today?” And we acknowledge exceptional work through our semi-annual awards, which include a paid-for vacation!The Opportunity
TrustArc is seeking to add a detail-oriented, tech-savvy, and intellectually curious Senior Counsel (or Associate General Counsel, depending on level of experience) to help scale TrustArc’s commercial contracting, privacy, and corporate legal functions. Reporting to the Company's General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer, this is an exciting opportunity – this position will play a key role in managing the commercial contracting and corporate obligations, as well as supporting the data privacy and security programs, of a fast-paced and growing “PrivacyTech”-focused SaaS, assurance, and consulting company with global reach. This position will involve interfacing with individuals across the organization, including senior leadership and executive team members, internal and external clients, and, as necessary, aiding to manage external advisors.What You Will Do
What You Will Bring
- Serving as a key representative of the Office of the General Counsel, you will develop and maintain relationships with and provide guidance across the organization on various topics ranging from emerging risks, trends, requirements, go-to-market impacts, and innovations.
- Draft, review, and negotiate master service agreements, supplier, technology licensing, consulting, strategic partner, employment-related, non-disclosure agreements, and other commercial agreements.
- Assist with the management, development of, and execution of contract terms and amendments related to privacy and data protection, including, but not limited to data processing agreements.
- Serve as the legal point of contact for reviewing RFPs and security assessments and collaborate closely with our security and sales teams on timely responses.
- Aid in supporting TrustArc’s privacy, security, and risk programs, which may include, but not be limited to, researching novel and emerging topics and issues, distilling information for TrustArc internal and external clients, providing product-counsel guidance to internal stakeholders, etc. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to continue to shape and influence TrustArc’s services and programs.
- Coordinate with various members within the organization, including the product and engineering teams and other key stakeholders to assess, manage, and prioritize partnerships, from technology and integration to industry partners and coordinating with sales on pricing and structure of partner engagements.
- Support the Office of General Counsel on other corporate governance, labor and employment, intellectual property, product, financing, and other legal matters, as needed.
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway and give us both the chance to find out!
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex privacy and security policies, templates and related contract addendum
- Experience working on a wide range of cloud/SaaS agreements
- Ability to read, understand, and implement the requirements of comprehensive global privacy programs (e.g., GDPR, CPRA, LGPD), as well as ability to translate and balance practical and business implications against complex legal and regulatory requirements, providing pragmatic, actionable, and measured action items for leadership and business colleague
- J.D. from an accredited law school or equivalent law degree if located in Canada
- License to practice law in your applicable state or equivalent admission in Canada
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably at a technology company, as well as experience negotiating complex commercial agreements with privacy and security addenda
- CIPP, CISSP, CIPT, CIPM, or CDPSE considered a plus (but not required)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Vision, and Dental Care (also available for partner)
- “Endless Summer” PTO Program
- 100% Work from Home
- Opportunities to participate in health-focused activities - mindfulness, wellness, active lifestyle
- $2,500 active employee referral program
TrustArc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. TrustArc does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.
If you need reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process.