Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Canadian public sector? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector?
AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking an Enterprise Account Manager, to help build the Federal Government Enterprise business in Canada. The WWPS Canada Enterprise Account Manager will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within this territory.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target across Canada, establishing those relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities within this set of accounts.
Key job responsibilities
Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for the Canadian public sector business and ensure it's in line with the overall business strategy.
Work with the senior management to create a prioritized, tactical action plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
Independently execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
Prepare and provide business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
Independently manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
Research and identify new opportunities for the Canada Government, including specific prospects/partners to approach with a value proposition for using AWS.
Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key Federal market segment.
Ability to travel up to 10% within country.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Ottawa, ON, CAN
- 7+ years of direct sales or business development in software, cloud or SaaS markets selling to C-level executives experience
- 10+ years of business development, partner development, sales or alliances management experience
- Experience developing detailed go to market plans
- Experience driving sales and business development in the Canadian Federal Government territory.
- Experience working within the technology industry and working knowledge of cloud technology and software development tools and technologies.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Working knowledge of IT strategy within the Canada public sector procurement processes.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
- Amazon Web Services Canada, Inc.
Job ID: A2416028