About our Company:
Based in Denver, Colorado, Cologix is North America's leading network-neutral interconnection and hyperscale edge data center company. Our platform gives customers access to 40+ digital edge and ScalelogixSM hyperscale edge data centers in 11 markets across the United States and Canada along with a carrier-dense ecosystem of 700+ networks, 360+ cloud providers, 30+ onramps and six Internet exchanges. We provide our nearly 2,000 customers with direct access to our local operations teams, resulting in strong partnerships enabled by exceptional operational support and unparalleled customer service. Backed by one of the largest North American infrastructure funds, Cologix's experienced leadership team, certified staff and commitment to ESG initiatives help form a culture that values our people, our environment and our clients.
About the Position:
As a Network Engineer with Cologix you will be responsible for assist in the engineering, design, and maintain a large datacenter network.
What you do daily:
- Evaluate and maintain traffic flows across transit and backbone links
- Tier III support for network related problems
- Troubleshooting of backbone network
- Evaluate new technologies as needed
- Responding to trouble tickets and customer calls that are escalated
- Hardware installations of network infrastructure
- Turn up of high touch customer deployments
What makes you a good fit: (Qualifications)
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience as network engineer
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and a strong customer service mentality
- Strong analytical and effective problem solving skills.
- Manage assigned tasks and projects with little supervision.
- Quick learner who can adapt to changing requirements
- Proven experience working in a team-based environment
- Self-starter who possesses good time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Diplomatic, positive approach to interacting with employees
- Must be punctual, reliable, flexible and willing to work additional hours when necessary to meet the demands of the department
Strong Understanding of the following technologies and platforms:
- Routers and switches: Cisco, Juniper, Brocade
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, and Sophos
- Load balancers -Unix platforms
- Core routing experience
- Strong understanding of routing protocols: eBGP, iBGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Strong Layer2/Layer3 background
- Windows, Linux, and MAC Operating Systems
- Enterprise Server Configuration (Dell, HP, Supermicro)
- VPN Configuration
- Private Cloud Configuration and Installation
- VMware Essentials
- Alarm Monitoring
- Cyber SecurityVPN Configuration
- Private Cloud Configuration and Installation (vCloud Director)
- VMware Essentials
- Physical Racking and Cabling of Enterprise Devices
- Alarm Monitoring
- Ticketing System Use
- Optical Engineering
- Virtualization: VMWare, Openstack, KVM, Puppet, Chef
- Scripting: Python, Perl, PHP, and shell preferred
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional
- JNCIA – Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate
Cologix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance in applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 720-940-2551.
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") creates privacy rights relating to the collection, sale, disclosure, and deletion of consumers' personal information. The CCPA requires businesses to provide consumers, including job applicants and employees, with information about their rights, including a description of the categories of personal information to be collected and the purpose for which the information will be used. For additional information regarding your rights, including a description of the categories of personal information to be collected and the purpose for which the information will be used, please see https://cologix.com/privacy-policy/.
Cologix' data centers are ISO 27001:2013 certified. ISO 27001:2013 certification and the Cologix portfolio of information security, information privacy and other industry recognized certifications represents our dedication to insuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and customer information systems and assets. At Cologix, information security is everyone's responsibility. Cologix employees are responsible for:
- Understanding and following Cologix' information security, cybersecurity and privacy policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring conformance to all information security, cybersecurity and privacy policies, procedures, and standards.
- Remaining vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity or possible vulnerabilities, weaknesses, threats, or breaches in Cologix information security to company information security and privacy officers.
- Actively participating in Cologix' efforts to maintain and improve information security.