Who We Are
Want to be part of a company that empowers you to innovate and implement your powerful ideas as you help shape the future of cybersecurity? Since 2012, CRITICALSTART has assisted in safeguarding numerous businesses from cyberattacks, preparing them for upcoming threats, and earning a plethora of awards along the way.
We thrive on innovation, devoid of bureaucracy. CRITICALSTART pioneered the first MOBILESOC app for on-the-go threat detection and response, devised a method to automatically resolve the majority of security alerts, and introduced services that reduce alert investigation time by 99.3% (our analysts truly appreciate us for that).
Everything we do revolves around our three core principles:
Do what’s best for our customers.
Do what’s best for our employees.
Don’t do things that suck.
That's basically it.
If you'd prefer to hear from our Critical Crew, watch this video to learn about their perspectives. Look at our Glassdoor reviews for another internal viewpoint ( Psss t ...want to grab our attention when you submit your resume? Include something about our Glassdoor reviews that resonated with you). What can we offer you?
Who You Are
- Daily opportunities to make a difference. Whether it's protecting our customers from attacks and breaches or contributing to the greater good.
- An abundance of intelligent, talented, high-performing individuals to collaborate with. We value accountability, support each other's growth, and genuinely enjoy what we do.
- An approach of continuous improvement to revolutionize our industry and surpass mediocrity. While many cybersecurity companies hire competent individuals, we believe in striving for excellence. Don't you believe you're capable of more than just being good?
- Constant learning, unlocking innovative ideas, and a nurturing, cooperative environment.
- Extensive industry recognition. We receive so much acclaim that it's nearly overwhelming. Almost.
- Our teammate put it best: "Every day presents new challenges and ample opportunities for professional growth... Your contributions directly impact the company's overarching purpose, and the sense of belonging and culture are unparalleled.
The Sr. Director / Vice President of Sales Operations leads the firm's support investments in sales force effectiveness and oversees functions crucial to sales force productivity. These encompass planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration. The role is responsible for enhancing the overall productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this role cultivates strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the efficient operation and success of the sales organization. The role will manage a team in Sales Operations.
This role may be remote in the US with a cadence to travel to the Plano, Texas office. What You Will Be Doing?
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization and advises the Chief Revenue Officer in implementing sales objectives that align with the company's business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and optimizing the allocation of the company's financial objectives to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Collaborates with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates the successful implementation of new programs by ensuring the presence of a well-defined, efficient sales process during launch. Promotes a culture of continuous process improvement through the use of best-in-class technology and maximized automated processes.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies to enhance sales organization productivity. Works closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Technology Officer to understand the company's sales and technology strategy. Understands the full customer transactional cycle and recommends enhancements to the company's technology investments, including its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology platform, such as Salesforce.
- Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to foster organizational understanding of proposed changes, gain support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Collaborates closely with senior sales leadership to define optimal performance measurements and performance management programs that ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures the provision of sales reports and other internal intelligence to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as necessary. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives. Ensures data integrity and accuracy throughout data entry and reporting processes.
- In collaboration with sales leadership and sales training, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and headquarters training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Collaborating with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establishes sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures adequate resources are allocated for the effective administration of sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation, including the administration of sales compensation technologies.
- Collaborates with the Contract and Legal teams to establish best practices for contractually agreed terms with clients/partners, creating a frictionless process.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Reports on the company's sales, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the timely implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources that impact the sales organization.
- Accountable for data accuracy and timely reporting, essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
What You Will Bring?
- Reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Directly manages Sales Operations team.
- Oversees the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management resources.
- Cultivates close and cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives.
What It's Like Working Here
- Completion of a four-year college degree from an accredited institution; a master's degree in business administration (MBA) or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment. Experience in both direct sales and channel sales go-to-market strategies is highly desirable.
- At least five years of experience in sales operations, business planning, or sales support management roles.
- Proven track record of successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Strong background in designing, organizing, and implementing sales compensation plans.
- Extensive experience in sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting.
- Proficiency in sales and transactional process design and implementation.
- Skillful in identifying, drafting, and tracking key performance initiatives.
- Expertise in negotiating critical contractual terms with enterprise clients and partners.
Imagine a dynamic, enjoyable, and rewarding work environment. We are professionals, and the work we do holds immense significance, like saving our customers from potential disasters. However, we believe in not taking ourselves too seriously.
Prefer a casual dress code every day? No problem, as we find comfort enhances our thinking.
Depending on the role, you may work in the office, remotely, or adopt a hybrid work model. Our workplace in Plano, TX offers open offices, collaborative meeting spaces, phone rooms, and wellness rooms. In the breakroom, friendly competition arises with games like ping-pong, bubble hockey machine, foosball, or the gaming machine. What harm does a little healthy competition among friends do?
What does our Compensation and Benefits package entail?
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- 100% employee coverage for healthcare/50% coverage for dependents
- Unlimited PTO (Paid Time Off) policy
- Paid Parental and Military Leave
- Dental and Vision Plan
- Employer-provided Life Insurance , Long-Term Disability , and Sh ort-Term Disability coverage
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Program
- 24/7/365 availability of Employee Assistance Program
- Teladoc Mental Health Benefits
- Optional Pet Benefits Discount Plan
- And a new Tesla... just kidding! Kudos for making it to the end.
Critical Start welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life . One of our core values is to “Do what’s best for our employee s ,” and that starts with the hiring process by finding the best candidates and providing an environment that upholds equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants, strictly prohibiting any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy encompasses all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Mental and Physical Requirement s
It's important to note that specific physical and mental requirements may vary depending on the nature of the office job, organization, and individual responsibilities. Physical:
- S tationary position for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operate a computer.
- Occasionally you may be required to move equipment or other items up to 20 lbs.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to apply established protocols in a timely manner .
- Make timely decisions in the context of workflow.
- Ability to complete tasks and perform in situations requiring speed deadlines, or productivity quota.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress situations.
- Ability to simultaneously address multiple complex problems.
For positions that can or will be performed, in whole or in part, in New York City, Salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (sales roles only).Compensation
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is [$220,000 - $250,000]. This role is also eligible for performance-based variable compensation.