As a full-stack Software Engineer at Striveworks you will be challenged—and trusted—on day one to be a core contributor to the projects and direction of the company. We are seeking a skilled and motivated Software Engineer to join our team at Fort Liberty, NC. If you are passionate about combining software engineering and systems operations, this role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to our mission.
You are right for this challenge if you value and possess technical expertise and you push the boundaries of your own capabilities. In this vital work, you will design and implement system components such as data warehouse, analytics, and visualizations. You will automate workflows and focus on last-mile integration for data platform components. You will contribute to ETL framework design and implementation, batch and stream processing, and application CI/CD. You will have the opportunity to take models and algorithms developed by data scientists and optimize, deploy, and refine them in a real-world setting immediately.
- Work alongside customers and a dynamic team of data engineers and data scientists to transform requirements into production analytics
- Develop and maintain ETL pipelines, data pipelines, and/or workflow automation in multiple cloud environments that use event-based messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar, and orchestration platforms such as Flyte and Streamlit.
- Design and implement a variety of data management subsystems that leverage relational and non-relational constructs and enact them into hosted and managed data warehouse/data lakehouse solutions.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to orchestrate development and deployment workflows using tools and frameworks such as GitLab CI, Sonarqube, Azure DevOps / AWS CodePipeline.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $140,000 - $190,000/year. Striveworks’ total compensation package includes a competitive base salary, annual performance-based equity grants, and a lucrative yearly cash bonus.
This role currently requires onsite work, but follow-on assignments may provide for a hybrid/remote work environment and regular travel to various customer sites in and potentially outside of the United States. Travel expectation is 5-15%.
The Right Fit
We spend a lot of time during our hiring process talking about shared values.
Why? We passionately believe that fostering an environment where people can self-actualize and pursue greatness is the best way to achieve our individual and collective goals.
What does this mean for you? We want to provide you with the conditions to thrive in an environment where you can achieve your goals, where you know the team shares your goals, and where you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. At Striveworks, we want your say/do ratio to be 1 and to know that being part of a top-tier team means that there is no smartest person in the room. If that makes sense, we are already on the same page.
- Excellence in Python
- Strong previous experience in building and delivering production analytics capabilities
- Deep expertise in algorithms and data structures
- Exposure to DevOps tooling and best practices: Git, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with database design and architecture: relational and non-relational
- Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference
- B.S. degree in computer science, or related discipline; and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Active Secret U.S. security clearance and eligible for a Top Secret clearance
The Wish List
We are very interested in candidates who possess the above qualifications, and we appreciate and consider the addition of:
- Experience with ETL pipelines, data pipelines, and/or workflow automation
- Comfortable with 1+ cloud architectures
- Experience designing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Comfort with deep learning library (Tensorflow, Pytorch) implementation and integration
- Understanding of synchronous and asynchronous programming, concurrency
- Understanding of networked and distributed computing (gRPC)
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar
- Top-of-market salary and total compensation
- Generous equity plan
- Health/vision/dental insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Parental leave
Striveworks: Better Models, Faster
The world has looked to data analytics to bridge the gap between floods of data and the struggle to use that data effectively to make timely, impactful decisions. Today, most organizations are awash in analytics that “aren’t quite right”—models that were developed too generally, or too slowly, to be effective in dynamic, fast-paced environments. Striveworks is simplifying ModelOps with a powerful and extensible platform that instantiates the data analytic process as code.
Striveworks is trusted by leading Fortune 500 firms as well as leaders in the public sector as a primary solution for managing model development, monitoring, and governance—and ensuring those models solve the real challenges their organizations face.
Striveworks’ Chariot platform enables users to turn their own production data into models and turn models into production systems. Uniquely, as you train, test, deploy, and use models, our lineage system enables you to track not only the “upstream” provenance of model and data sources but also the “downstream” usage of the resultant model inferences. Combining this with a principled experience for data and model development, Chariot gives our customers in highly regulated industries an unmatched governance solution over the top of a performant ModelOps platform.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at email@example.com
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.