AlgoSec is seeking a Sales Engineer to own the technical side of the customer relationship. As a representative of Algosec, you are responsible for building and maintaining technical relationships with current customers and prospects. Customer satisfaction is a critical part of the success of our customers and the continued success of AlgoSec.
Work with your sales partner to provide pre-sales technical support to AlgoSec strategic enterprise customers and prospects to drive sales of AlgoSec products and services. Successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of IP networks as well as network security, security regulatory compliance and best practices; will possess a detailed understanding of the security products and technologies from AlgoSec and competitors; will have extensive experience in the enterprise network industry; will have extensive experience in high paced PoC environments; will have proven technical sales skills; will enjoy learning about new technologies autonomously and on the fly; and will be able to work independently under minimum supervision. Strong communication and presentation skills are a must.
Reporting to: SE Director, Americas
Location: Toronto, Canada (Home office)
- Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly product and service sales goals.
- Understand and effectively present the Algosec products and be able to articulate that value as it relates to the customer or prospect’s business direction. Must able to effectively communicate at all levels, from executive C-level to firewall and networking operations people.
- Develop and maintain a trusted advisory relationship with the customer’s security, operations and design teams during presales engagement, post sales and professional services engagements.
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations promoting Algosec products highlighting the competitive differences and business value.
- Educate customers and partners on Algosec platform and business flow.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical presales activities from initial opportunity identification to closure.
- Maintain post sales relationships with customers and identify and drive expansion of Algosec product install base within existing accounts.
- Deliver consistent product training, technology updates, release updates, and roadmap information.
- Train partners and resellers on the proper positioning and technical sales of AlgoSec products.
- Create and execute and manage to completion proof of concept test plans with prospects.
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions.
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to expand current technical knowledge
- BS, EE/CS degree or technical school certificate or equivalent
- 5 – 7 Years Pre-Sales Engineering, Customer Facing Experience
- Ability to work in a team sales environment, participating in sales strategies as well as individual standalone sales activities
- Highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills
- A high sense of urgency and deep interest in serving the customer
- Enterprise Account and Channel partner sales experience are required
- Working engineering knowledge & awareness of the following security technologies: CheckPoint (Firewall, Provider One), CISCO (ASA, FirePower), Palo Alto (Palo Alto Firewall, Panorama), FortiNet (FortiGate, FortiManager), Juniper (Netscreen, SRX, & SPACE), F5 (LTM & AFM)
- Working engineering knowledge & awareness of the following routing technologies: Arista, CISCO IOS & Nexus, Juniper M/MX
- Working engineering knowledge & awareness of the following Cloud & SDN technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, CISCO ACI, VmWare NSX
- Hands on experience working with DevOps fundamentals & REST APIs
- Working knowledge of Security Architecture fundamentals, including authentication/authorization, network security standards, & compliance standards.
- Ability to travel 50%
AlgoSec is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), committed to creating a friendly, inclusive environment that is a pleasure to work in, and where there is an unbiased acceptance of others. AlgoSec believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision.