Cvent is a leading meetings, events and hospitality technology provider with more than 4,800+ employees and nearly 22,000 customers worldwide. Founded in 1999, the company delivers a comprehensive event marketing and management platform for event professionals and offers software solutions to hotels, special event venues and destinations to help them grow their group/MICE and corporate travel business.
The DNA of Cvent is our people, and our culture has an emphasis on fostering intrapreneurship -- a system that encourages Cventers to think and act like individual entrepreneurs and empowers them to take action, embrace risk, and make decisions as if they had founded the company themselves. We foster an environment that promotes agility, which means we don’t have the luxury to wait for perfection. At Cvent, we value the diverse perspectives that each individual brings. Whether working with a team of colleagues or with clients, we ensure that we foster a culture that celebrates differences and builds on shared connections.
We have multiple openings for Account Managers on our Event Solutions division, whose main responsibility will be managing existing client accounts. If you applied or are interested for another division, please note that those positions have been filled for the time being.
In this role, you will be charged with identifying and closing sales opportunities with the clients you manage, such as contract renewals, up-sells, cross-sells, etc. Additionally, you will provide a high level of quality of service to our customers. You will be required to demonstrate solution-selling skills and effectively manage internal relationships with the Sales and Client Services departments to ensure complete customer satisfaction and meet sales objectives.
In This Role, You Will
- Identify and close sales opportunities with our clients, such as contract renewals, cross-sells, and up-sells (such as adding additional apps to clients’ packages), etc.
- Present products and services information to corporate accounts
- Ensure relationships with key decision-makers for accounts that will provide business are continuously developed and relationships are strengthened and grown
- Work with Sales and Client Services teams to ensure complete customer satisfaction with the Cvent product and organization
- Ensure customer issues are acknowledged and resolved within 24 hours
- Call on existing clients in an effort to meet and exceed individual and department revenue expectations
- Develop and actively pursue list of targeted Key Accounts within North America and create individual plans of action to penetrate these accounts
- Set aggressive goals for annual revenue achievement against each account
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities via pipeline report
- Effectively and accurately manage personal revenue pipeline to maximize all business opportunities
- Monitor and report sales activity within the system
- Perform other duties as assigned
Here's What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree is required (strong academic performance is desired)
- At least 3 years of experience in customer-facing, revenue-generating role (more is welcomed)
- Ability to multi-task and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include relationship management, consultative selling, product demonstrations, closing contracts, operation/process flow, and product function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy is a must
- This is not a technical position. Relevant experience might include selling CRM or CMS systems, ASP based data systems, Travel or Meeting Planning Services
- Ability to work with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Salesforce.com or similar contact management software
- Experience selling or managing accounts in SaaS/technology/hospitality space a plus
- Experience working in the Event Management industry a plus
The estimated base salary range for new hires into this role is $60,000-$68,0000 annually + commission depending on factors such as job-related knowledge, relevant experience, and location. We also offer a competitive benefits package, details of which can be found here.
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
We are not able to offer sponsorship for this position.