Information Security Specialist. Must have 4+ years of hands-on Info Sec experience.
Location: West GTA (Oakville / Burlington). Hybrid working model.
Our client is leading the transformation of their Service offering within the Public Sector. They're looking for a talented Information Security Specialist to join their team. It's a combination of strategy/planning and operations!
In this role, you'll be responsible for developing and leading cyber security programs, detect/prevent threats, devise policies, whileensuring platform integrity
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan and implement security architectures for technology and information systems.
- Coordinate security team's efforts in line with requirements.
- Conduct regular threat risk assessments for digital assets and recommend vulnerability solutions.
- Manage security risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Perform ongoing vulnerability assessments using industry best practices.
- Respond to security incidents and provide detailed analysis reports.
- Assist in selecting and securing enterprise information systems.
- Estimate departmental budgets.
- Analyze and improve existing processes and procedures.
- Test and verify security structures for on-premise and cloud solutions.
- Develop and implement cyber security programs, policies, standards, procedures, and compliance reports.
- Enforce digital security policies and controls.
- Create and implement cyber and information security awareness training.
- Manage information security risk and report to leadership.
- Evaluate enterprise information systems for security.
- Develop and maintain incident response plans.
- Provide security consulting to departments.
- Implement monitoring tools for technology use and security.
- Participate in security-related workgroups and committees.
- Offer recommendations for disaster recovery and business continuity plans.