Ministry of Citizens' Services
Executive Director and Chief Information Security Officer
$137,700.00 - $168,500.09 annually
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers accessible, multi-channel services through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca. CITZ also provides support for the expansion of high-speed internet connectivity throughout the province, leadership across government to modernize information management and technology resources, trusted data services to government agencies, prompt and relevant responses to freedom of information requests, and statistical and economic research, information and analysis to businesses and the public sector.
The Executive Director and Chief Information Security Officer is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the government’s information and cyber security program to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of governments’ information assets.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in information security, information technology with security accountabilities, risk management and/or security operations
A minimum of 5 years related experience in all the areas below:
- Experience in a senior leadership position within a large, complex, IT or digital services environment
- Experience providing strategic advice, briefings, and presentations to senior ministry executive and senior government officials (or private sector equivalent)
- Leading organizational change associated with the implementation or transformation of new programs, policies, products or services.
- Developing and leading effective governance frameworks, processes, reporting and providing committee direction and oversight.
- Incorporating business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends, and evaluating economic viability in a fast-paced technology-dependent business area
- Managing a diverse team of professional staff and project teams.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with local, regional, national, and international entities involved in information security, or related, including participation on boards, or equivalent.
For more information and to apply online by November 13, 2023, please go to:https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/105561