Competition # :
Service Nova Scotia
Type of Employment:
NSGEU - NSPG
27-Sep-23 ( Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Cyber Security and Digital Solutions (CSDS) is a team within government, and we are putting people first. We are called a “ digital ” service for a reason – because we are helping government work the way that people expect things to work these days.
Our team is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in peoples’ lives. We believe in user-centered iterative digital service design, and practice internet-era ways of working . Working at CSDS means you will be a part of a team whose work makes a difference through designing, continuously improving and delivering the programs and services people need, alongside caring, compassionate, highly skilled people.
At CSDS, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate a supportive culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging!
The people who use government programs and services come from all walks of life. It is important that CSDS reflects the people that we serve – so we can deliver better, and more accessible, and inclusive public services. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
The Contract Management team is a diverse team of highly skilled subject matter experts who thrive on providing quality services and supports that enable other government departments to deliver the programs and services to the Public we serve. Following contract management and procurement best practices, we partner with our clients to find the best solutions to support their success.
About Our Opportunity
As the Contract Management Specialist (CS03), you will report to the Client Services Manager, Contract Management. In this role, you are responsible to lead and support contract and vendor management efforts following Government procurement policies and processes.
This leadership role includes advice, consultation, services in procurement related matters, as well as financial management and modeling, cost recoveries, service design, value realization, and contract management.
In this role, you will lead projects and support the Associates within our team and Contract Management Architects. As the Contract Management Specialist, you will work closely with management and contract management staff to support all contract and vendor management activities, which may include:
- Contract Management processes and activities
- Vendor Management processes and activities
- Assessment of legal language and contract terms and conditions
- Administering and supporting department’s information systems;
- Advising clients on contract management methods, practices, and policies;
- Assisting clients through support and training in using current processes and tools, and help the team develop new, improved processes and tools;
- Analyze and interpret data, verbally or through report writing support efficiencies and support those who make decisions based on the facts provided;
- Project Management;
- Service Design and Program Administration;
- Financial Modeling and Management;
- Tender Management;
- Contract Lifecycle management.
Qualifications And Experience
As the ideal candidate, you will have a bachelor’s degree plus five (5) related experience working with procurement procedures, policies and guidelines or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
In Addition, Will Also Possess The Following Qualities
- Work experience with procurement procedures, policies, and guidelines, specifically related to Information and Communications
- Technology goods and services
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills
- Superior communication skills, interpersonal, verbal, and written; including the ability to write effectively (spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders and staff
- Effective time management skills, particularly in relation to managing multiple priorities
- Attention to detail, to interpret terms and conditions, and interpret and apply policy and process, effectively.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data and the ability to provide verbal or written documentation on results and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and also independently.
The following training and work experience will be considered and an asset:
- ITIL Certification;
- PSPP (Public Sector Procurement Program) Diploma.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
$2,640.65 - $3,215.50 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
If Applying From Outside a Government Office, Employees Must Apply Correctly Via This Link
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU).
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to Competitions@novascotia.ca.