Job Skills / Requirements
As an essential team member safety team, the **OHS Claims Management and Recovery at Work Administrator** will aim to reduce time lost from work-related incidents while promoting health and safety in the workplace. The OHS Claims Management and Recovery at Work Administrator will be responsible for managing employee health and safety claims. They can successfully coordinate with local branch representatives during the claim's management and Recovery at Work process.
A vital component of the OHS Claims Management and Recovery at Work Administrator's role will be the ability to accurately record and report on health and safety statistics and trends.
The OHS Claims Management and Recovery at Work Administrator will also be responsible for helping the Health and Safety Division provide ongoing support, training and education to managers and staff about OHS legislation.
As a national company, Paladin has operations in all provinces. A solid understanding of provincial OHS regulations would be considered an asset but is not required.
- Must legally be allowed to work in Canada.
- Must be willing to pass Professional Reference and Background Check as required by Paladin's onboarding process.
- Must be willing to complete Cyber-Security Awareness, Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements per Paladin's onboarding process.
- Liaise with board officials in the day-to-day management of claims.
- Liaise with injured workers and facilitate recovery at work and modified duties.
- Liaise with branches and obtain up-to-date availability of modified duties positions.
- Liaise with officials in making decisions to prevent, reduce and control workers' compensation claims and administration costs.
- Maintain awareness of federal and provincial workers' compensation statutes, regulations or jurisprudence impacting claims management.
- Reporting to managers on new trends, critical developments, or problems regarding changes to policies or procedures.
- Monitor, assess and audit compensation claims for legitimacy, possible challenges, trends analysis and cost control.
- Research and draft reports concerning all aspects of workers' compensation issues.
- Maintain an up-to-date level of job competency.
- Support Claims Management for Paladin Security across Canada.
- Support Recovery at Work Program for Paladin Security across Canada.
- Create Claims Management and Recovery at Work file.
- Submit required documentation to governmental authorities.
- Monitor Claims and the status of claims.
- Monitor WCB reviews and appeals.
- Assist in designing and implementing modified work offers.
- Create and maintain confidential files of each case.
- Tracking near misses and incidents for records and statistics. Updating OHS statistics.
Running monthly reports and providing KPIs to stakeholders.
- Other OHS duties as required.
- Must possess a High School Diploma. An additional diploma/degree/certificate or training in occupational health and safety would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Provincial OHS Legislation and OHS best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of provincial rules and regulations for OHS.
- Ability to interpret and explain regulations to others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of statistics, charts and analysis of data is required.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and SharePoint.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation