Canada Life is seeking motivated individuals with a true passion for Cyber Threat detection and Incident Response.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a world-class cyber detection and incident response security operations capability? Are you interested in making a real difference?
As an Information Security Event Management Centre (iSEMC) Analyst, you will be part of a team that:
- Monitor, detect, and analyze potential intrusions in real time and through advanced analytics of security-relevant data sources
- Respond to confirmed incidents, by coordinating resources and directing remediation efforts
- Provide situational awareness and reporting on cybersecurity status, incidents, and KPIs to business units
- Ensure operating security technologies such as IDS/IPS and data collection/ analysis systems are configured and operating effectively
Your highly detail-oriented analytic skills and technical knowledge will be focused on monitoring multiple sources of security event information to identify suspicious activity and provide triage, initial investigation and documentation of potential incidents.
Other accountabilities of this role include security reporting, analyzing threat intelligence and attending Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) meetings. The ISEM Centre Analyst reports to the Director of Security Event Management and will work under the Manager of Security Event Management for the iSEM Centre. This position will be located in Winnipeg.
The Information Security Event Management Centre (iSEM Centre) team reports to the Global Chief Information Security Officer and provides cyber detection, incident response and threat intelligence services on behalf of the Global Enterprise.
- Monitoring and Analysis of Information Security Events
- Information Security Threat Alerting
- Information Security Reporting
- Audit, Compliance, and Oversight Services
- Customer Support
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Certificate or degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years experience as an Information Technology practitioner or in another I.S. related function
- Experience using trouble ticketing systems (e.g. BMC Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., IPv4/IPv6/TCP/UDP/DNS/HTTP)
- Knowledge of major operating systems (e.g., Windows, AIX, Linux)
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g., SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, Firewalls)
- Ability to read and interpret network diagrams and packet captures
- Experience in doing triage, investigation and remediation of security events received via tools such as SIEM, IPS, IDS, EDR, etc
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and deliver results
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively manage change and stress
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Highly motivated and detailed oriented
- Self managed and team oriented
- Strong customer service orientation
- Two or more years of direct experience in Information Security, including some of: threat management, vulnerability assessment, monitoring and investigations
- Experience as a SOC analyst
- Experience with SIEM products
- Experience with scripting and coding (e.g. Python, Power Shell, Perl, VBA)
- Experience with problem/incident and change management response
- Familiar with ITIL processes
- Experience with writing or developing procedures and processes
- Completed, working towards or willing to attain Information Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Network +, Security +, SANS GCIA and GCIH)
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Be your best at Great-West Lifeco and Canada Life - Apply today!
Great-West Lifeco Inc. is a leading international financial services holding company headquartered in Canada with interests in life insurance, health insurance, retirement and investment services, asset management, and reinsurance businesses. It operates in Canada, the United States, and Europe under the brands: Canada Life, Canada Life Germany, Canada Life UK, Canada Life Reinsurance, Empower Retirement, Putnam Investments and Irish Life.
In Canada, Great-West Lifeco operates under the Canada Life brand, offering a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions and serves the financial security needs of more than 12 million customers. Globally our combined companies have approximately 24,500 employees, 205,000 advisor relationships, and thousands of distribution partners – all serving more than 30 million customer relationships across these regions.
Being a part of our organization means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You are part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.