As IT & Cyber Security Specialist you will Provide IT support to the Simcoe Factory team in troubleshooting the hardware and software issues. You will be leading Cyber Security program for the factory and be responsible for working with Unilever Cyber Security team as a Technical Authority for Simcoe to upgrade and patch the current network. You will be expected to work in day shift and be available on calls and weekend during special IT projects or troubleshooting of network.
Duties And Responsibilities
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for network upgrades.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Supports administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manages all system back-up and restore protocol.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Support the Global Cyber Security Program.
- Professional office experience needed.
- Upgrades, installs, and troubleshoots networks, networking hardware devices and software
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
- Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices
- Recommend and schedule repairs to the LAN/WAN
- Work with IT to support factory team
- Manage IT projects like printer refresh, lease refresh, etc. Determine specifications, purchase complete system, purchase parts for custom built systems, assemble custom systems, load and configure operating systems and software applications for new computers and servers.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Typically requires 3 to 5 years of related A&C or IT hands-on experience or demonstrable capability of IT and data networks. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. You’ll need to have strong IT technical skills to include; data networking, general purpose computing platforms such as Windows/Linux, software installation, configuration of security products such as Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware, Firewalls, Logging and Monitoring etc. Proficiency in MS Office – Excel / Power Point and Word required. Working knowledge of data networks and end-to-end cyber controls and solutions. Role is site base.
- Experience in an IT environment within a global manufacturing organization.
- Experience or knowledge of cyber security concepts.
- Experience or capability to install, configure, and operate common security controls.
- Proven ability to analyze problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- A keen interest in cyber security and its application in an industrial environment.
- Willingness to proactively acquire and learn the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
A background in industrial control is essential. Supplementary experience or demonstrable capability in hands-on IT and networking and cyber security concepts is desirable.
- Experience of A&C systems or components including;
- Process control.
- PLCs and RTUs.
- Industrial data communications (e.g. Profinet, EtherNet/IP, Switches and Routers etc)
- IoT and Industrial IoT.
- Experience of or demonstrable capability to install, configure and manage security controls (preferably in an industrial environment) including;
- Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware (AV/AM).
- Logging and Monitoring.
- Access Control.
- Asset Management.
Fluent in spoken and written English.
Based out of our Simcoe site.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Certification in assigned area required.
- A Degree in related discipline.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion | Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.