The Business Information Security Office falls under Infrastructure and Operations Business unit (I&O) - I&O is considered as one of the largest business units under the CTO office. The intern will be directly be reporting into the Business Information Security Officer and will assist the BISO by participating in all activities of the group, which cover Operational/Information Security, Privacy, IT Compliance, Audit Assessments, and Security Awareness Training.
You're great at...
- Written and Verbal communication skills - Promoting information security awareness to all employees.
- Analysis and Reporting work - Supporting year-round analysis and risk reporting activities.
- Reporting and monitoring high value metrics for: risk mitigation, IT controls, and exception filings using internal tools.
- Escalating any security, privacy, or Red Flags incidents as appropriate.
Who are you?
- You are someone with strong technical and organizational skills, and you are a detail oriented person.
- You are someone who is eager to learn new things, is motivation and has a passion for Information and Cyber Security.
- You are someone who is pursuing: BA / BS degree in Computer Science, Information or Cyber Security, Information Business Systems, someone who understand processes or Information Assurance (or related discipline)
Must have skills:
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite, expert level skillset in Excel (formula writing, CSV support, pivot tables), PowerPoint and Visio.
- Hands on experience with Power BI is a plus.
Nice to have skills:
- NIST Information Assurance Guidelines
- ISO 27001/27002 Controls
- Network management and compliance
- GRC Systems / Risk Management Software products
- Project management and/or business analysis
January - April 2024
- Must be eligible to work for Interac Corp. in Canada in a Full Time Capacity
to be eligible for Interac internship roles, the candidate must be currently enrolled in a post secondary academic institution.
Interac requires employees to complete a background check that is completed by one of our service providers. We use this service to complete the following checks:
- 5-year employment verification;
- Canadian criminal record check;
- Education verification;
- Canadian ID cross-check;
- Public safety verification; and
- Credit inquiry
How We Work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Compensation & Benefits:
Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.
To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you