Do you have experience with information governance and records management programs? Do you enjoy creating and working with systems and processes that manage the creation and use of information? If so, we want you on our Corporate Services Team!
As the successful candidate in this excluded position, you will support the growth of a strategic Information and Governance Framework through the establishment, implementation and maintenance of effective and efficient records management and privacy programs. Under the direction of the Corporate Officer, this position will develop programs and related policies, procedures, and privacy controls to guide organizational compliance, support business outcomes, and manage risks as it relates to physical and digital records.
In This Role, You Will
- Creates, implements, and maintains organization wide information management programs related to records and privacy:
- Establishes organizational information and records schedules in alignment with operations
- Drafts policies, and procedures to meet legislative and organizational requirements.
- Advises on and implements systems and structures that mitigate risk, protect personal information, and support business outcomes.
- Establishes mechanisms and assessment tools to monitor compliance and review program effectiveness.
- Leads annual archiving and disposition of all confidential and public records.
- Develops resources, educates, and influences on the business value of managing records & information.
- Develops and maintains a vital records inventory and disaster recovery plan for both physical and electronic records.
- Works with Information Services in analyzing, drafting, and monitoring information strategies, plans and tools needed to meet risk related regulatory requirements and applicable laws:
- Advises on the establishment of privacy controls for electronic information based on privacy and other related legislation.
- Drafts standard operating procedures and administers electronic master indices for appropriate access to corporate records.
- Prepares privacy impact assessments and information sharing agreements under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other relevant legislation:
- Collaborates with FOI Coordinator to develop privacy policies and procedures.
- Drafts privacy breach protocols, investigates and coordinates response and reporting.
- Reviews information for personal information and confidentiality breaches.
As The Ideal Candidate, You Will Have
- A degree in FOI/Privacy, Information (Records) Management or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working in a privacy, records and information management environment.
- Experience with information governance and management programs that include systems and processes to handle the creation and use of information.
- Experience with access to information and privacy legislation, including programs related to the management of personal information.
- Considerable knowledge of local government records classification systems and related principles and procedures.
- The ability to analyze processes and systems and provide effective and efficient solutions.
- The ability to establish high functioning and effective business relationships.
The RDCO offers a variety of perks from dental, health and vision benefits, paid vacation, pension plan, training and development, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance, on-site parking, and the opportunity to contribute and make a change within the community.
View the full job description and apply at rdco.com/jobs by October 19, 2023
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake and the natural beauty of the surroundings continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.