Mid-Level Cybersecurity Analyst- USA/CANADA, Full Time, Salary $90k-$110k
Minimum 2-3 years of project experience required - fully remote position.
Looking for a job change? We can help! Visit hiremefast.net
to start your job search and land incredible offers on automation!
HireMeFast LLC is a job placement & recruitment agency connecting employers with world-class talent in the tech industry. We provide job seekers with the resources and support they need to land their dream tech job offer, 100% guaranteed.
- Supports the implementation of computer system security plans with agency personnel and outside vendors.
- Researches and evaluates systems and procedures for the prevention, detection, containment, and correction of data security breaches.
- Develops plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Monitors and maintains the necessary systems and procedures to protect data systems and databases from unauthorized users.
- Maintains regulatory controls and tests framework to mitigate business risk.
- Performs incident/breach response activities and required reporting.
- Performs threat assessments and coordinates security penetration testing.
- Trains users and promotes security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Assists agency in recommending and implementing data encryption techniques (for transmissions, databases, etc.) in addition to implementing information security services.
- Works with third-party providers to validate compliance with security responsibilities.
- Works with partner ITSD staff to ensure the operation and maintenance of Agency security systems and to design and assure deployment of Agency security solutions.
- Advises the ISO on regulatory and industry compliance and IT best practices. Gathers and provides related information for use by the ISO to make appropriate system-related decisions and to mitigate security-related problems in business operations.
- Performs technical security/risk assessments and reviews of new and existing applications and performs risk lifecycle activities including creating or modifying computer system security plans and proposing offering recommendations to mitigate or manage risk, including network infrastructure and internet security controls.
- Performs regulatory and industry requirement readiness assessments for existing architecture including network, hardware, and software; provides input to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning activities.
- Reviews results of information security applications; reviews and analyzes security logs for anomalies; assists key stakeholders in identifying and certifying relevant technology risks.
- Maintains knowledge of changing technology and provides recommendations for adaptation of new technologies or security policies.
- Confers with users to discuss issues such as account permission and data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- May supervise the work of others.
- May travel up to 5% of the time. Must attend meetings at headquarters as required by management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems and technology; operational support of networks, operating systems, Internet technologies, databases, and security infrastructure; cybersecurity and information security controls, practices, procedures, and regulations; and incident response program practices and procedures.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software; and the configuring, deploying, and monitoring security infrastructure.
- Ability to resolve complex security issues in diverse and decentralized environments; to plan, develop, monitor, and maintain cybersecurity and information technology security processes and controls; to communicate effectively; and to guide others.
- The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills held or performed by employees in this job. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another on a year-for-year basis.
- Education - Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in computer science, cybersecurity, information technology security, computer engineering, computer information systems, management information systems, or related fields.
- Experience - Minimum six (6) years of experience in at least two of the following areas: Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, Legal/Regulatory Compliance, Formal Risk Assessments, Penetration Testing, Security Architecture, Network and Internet Security, IT Auditing of Systems and/or Processes, Security Training/Awareness Development, Information Privacy, and/or cybersecurity boot camps/internships.
Special Benefits you will love:
- Flexible vacation paid unlimited holidays and paid sick days
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
Why HireMeFast LLC?
HireMeFasts most recruitment clients have incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers passionate about using modern web technologies to solve real-world problems---and we're proliferating. To continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to land their best job offer possible.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. HireMeFast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.