Network Security Analyst September 20, 2023
Full-time position (40 hours/week)
The Burnaby School District invites applications for two full-time Network Security Analyst positions. The Network Security Analyst is responsible to monitor security alerts and participate in security incident management and response. The incumbent will participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, responding, and troubleshooting networking and security solutions and provide input on tuning and optimization of security systems. The Network Security Analyst works with the Network Support Technicians to research, design, and test new systems; modify existing systems as required as it pertains to the security, management of the network, software, server infrastructure and applications deployed across the network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses advanced software management tools to manage workstations/servers, network equipment, patch management, operating systems, network protection, vulnerability management and other related services.
- Configures and deploys software, servers, and networking equipment including switches, firewalls, routers, access points, servers, desktops, and backups.
- Monitors, manages, and configures logs and alerts from Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Creates scripts to automate tasks.
- Creates and maintains technical and build documentation, as they relate to backups, security applications, security policies and procedures, network, server, and firewall configurations.
- Follows Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices regarding incident, problem, and change management.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 Year Diploma in a relevant area of study with a preference for Information Security, Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus three (3) years of experience.
- 1+ year (s) of previous Security Operations Centre experience in conducting security investigations.
- Advanced understanding of networking, client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, MDM, firewalls, VPNs (virtual private networks), switches, routers, identity management, SIEM, log management, and enterprise Anti-Virus products.
- Strong knowledge of security incident management, patch management, malware management, vulnerability management processes.
- Strong understanding of networking principles such as QOS, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, POP, LDAP, and experience with web content filtering technology - policy engineering and troubleshooting.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License (Class 5).
This position is a regular position working 40 hours/week, and will be required to work flexible hours including before and after school hours, and weekends. The wage is $42.65 per hour. Please send application package including: cover letter, resume and proof of qualification(s) in one PDF document to:
Burnaby School District
4054 Norfolk Street
Burnaby, B.C. V5G 0C3
The Burnaby School District values inclusion and embraces diversity as a strength. Our goal is for all individuals to feel a sense of belonging in a safe, supportive and welcoming community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous, Black, people of colour, all genders, LGBTQ2+ and persons with disabilities.