AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software. Our cutting-edge solutions are used by thousands of enterprises to deliver the essentials of life – such as energy, infrastructure, chemicals and minerals – safely, efficiently and more sustainably.
We’re the first software business in the world to have our sustainability targets validated by the SBTi, and we’ve been recognized for the transparency and ambition of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ve also recently been named as one of the world’s most innovative companies.
If you’re a curious and collaborative person who wants to make a big impact through technology, then we want to hear from you! Find out more at https://www.aveva.com/en/about/careers/.
$67,800.00 - $113,000.00
The Cyber Security Response Analyst is a member of the Cyber Security Response Team and works closely with the other members of the team to operationally maintain a comprehensive information security program. This includes analysis of security events, performing incident response from identify, protect, detect, through containment to recovery. In addition to provide inputs into definition of security policies, process and awareness and compliance. He/she works with the Digital Forensic & Incident Response Team Lead and wider Information Security team and communicates with AVEVA staff to re-enforce security awareness and compliance.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Proactively identifying, Investigating, and hunting potential attacks and security risks on AVEVA networks and systems using various platform dashboards and threat feeds.
- Perform analysis of security events as detected by various security controls, monitoring, and recording security events in daily and weekly reports.
- Perform analysis on escalated security events, notifications, and alerts from managed Security Operation Centre (SOC).
- Supports e-discovery and forensic processes to include identification, collection, preservation, and processing of relevant incident data.
- Creating and maintaining information security operations process, procedure, and checklist documentation, such as incident response plan and playbook.
- Perform incident response using AVEVA defined Security Incident Response framework such as NIST.
- Reports to Security Analyst Team Lead concerning security events, incident trends, residual risk, vulnerabilities, and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Works with the AVEVA Infrastructure Operations team and any required partners/business functions such as R&D to resolve security events, incidents, and service requests.
- Ensures compliance of security processes and procedures and supports service-level agreements (SLAs) to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained.
- Contributes through security advisories, blogs, and other communication channels on current and emerging security threats to AVEVA assets and people via the security awareness programme.
- Be available to provide reactive support to critical security incidents outside standard business hours as part of a rota
- Minimum of five years information and cyber security experience as Security Analyst and Incident Response, Security Threat Hunting, Security Operations Centre role, IT System Administration or Network Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience in relevant information and cyber security domain.
- Security certification from a recognized organization such as ISC2, CompTIA, ECCouncil, SANS Institute is as advantage.
- Technology standard certification such as from Cisco, VMware, Microsoft is an advantage.
- Forensic evidence handling
- Cloud security, such as Azure or AWS
- Awareness of the Mitre ATT&CK framework and how it can be used to learn an adversary’s tactics and techniques and focus incident response.
- Experience using scripting, automation, and API’s with languages such as Powershell and Python as an advantage.
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and analyzing log data sources.
- Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and documenting security processes and plans.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700x and the ITIL, COBIT and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) or Center for Internet Security (CIS) frameworks.
- CFIUS vetted is an advantage.
- United State of America citizen or Permanent Resident only
AVEVA requires all successful applicants to undergo and pass a comprehensive background check before they start employment. Background checks will be conducted in accordance with local laws and may, subject to those laws, include proof of educational attainment, employment history verification, proof of work authorization, criminal records, identity verification, credit check. Certain positions dealing with sensitive and/or third party personal data may involve additional background check criteria.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.