If you have a strong background in cybersecurity and are passionate about keeping up with the latest trends and technologies, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, you will develop, implement, and monitor system security controls to support and safeguard technology assets against internal and external security threats to business information and systems' confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
This permanent position is on a hybrid schedule, out of our Sherwood Park corporate office. For the right candidate, we will consider out-of-province and remote.
What would you be doing?
- Researching and staying informed of potential information security threats, industry trends, emerging technologies, and response alternatives.
- Assist in preparing assessment deliverables - Security Control Assessment Report, Security Risk Assessments, etc.
- Conduct annual policy and procedure reviews and security awareness training for all staff.
- Assist with internal/external security audits and threat/risk assessments to ensure compliance with security policies, standards and procedures, and work with business/technical/operational areas in taking corrective actions on any identified security exposures.
- Providing oversight and ensuring all security-related controls (CSOX, etc.) are followed and completed accurately and that service levels are met.
- Providing cybersecurity and risk assessments for new networks, services and devices as needed.
- Participating in the Cyber Security Incident response plan, carrying out tests of the plan, leading the investigation on cyber incidents, and providing oversight to everything cyber security related.
- Ensuring that regular vulnerability scans are conducted and followed up on.
- Ensuring that security process runbooks and processes are updated to date, accurate and tested.
- Ensuring IT/IS team members complete their responsibilities related to Cyber Security standards and procedures.
- Participating in the Vendor Risk management process to ensure risks are defined, documented, and tracked.
- Ensuring risks are tracked in the risk register and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Collaborating and building relationships with external vendors to convey FLINT's enhancements requests within supported security infrastructure.
Does this sound like you?
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in technology and information security.
- CISSP or CISM certification preferred.
- Experience with Security Incident Response is considered an asset.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change.
- Alert queue prioritization and management.
- Use of SIEM and EDR platforms.
- Vulnerability and patch management.
- Privileged access management.
- Ability to analyze and act on logs and events.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and related support processes, with a strong understanding of the ITIL change management process.
Perks of the job:
- Competitive pay
- Room for advancement
- Excellent employee benefits package
Other important details
As a condition of employment, qualified applicants who are offered and accept the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
Candidates shortlisted will be required to complete the Profile People Survey.
The purpose of the Profile People Survey tool is to assist FLINT in understanding the behaviors of individuals with the objective of supporting the best use of their strengths, abilities, and potential.
FLINT strives every day to be recognized as your employer of choice, modelling our core values not only to our customers but also to our employees. We promise to uphold these values by providing a safe, progressive, and proactive work environment while continuously working to minimize our impact on our planet. We will work every day to build our employees into leaders, fostering a work environment of integrity, curiosity, empowerment, and innovation. At FLINT, we recognize that our greatest resource is our people. By combining world-class workforce solutions with top-tier talent, together will build upon our reputation of unwavering quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
We are committed to creating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, including fostering a safe and respectful environment that allows for diverse perspectives—a work environment in which all employees are valued and have an equal opportunity to achieve success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected factors.