Six (6) or more years' experience with IT security and audit experience with extensive knowledge of national/international security standards including NIST, PCI, CJIS, CMS, ISO, SOX, HIPAA, HITECH, and other regulatory requirements.
Knowledge of security standards and progressive experience performing security assessments, and reviews.Top Requirements
Daily Tasks Include
- Expert knowledge around NIST Controls and ability to perform risk assessments.
- Ability to coach/train other team members to help improve the process.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Will work as a liaison to bridge the gap between technical and business audiences. This role will be customer facing.
- Assist the Michigan Cyber Security, Risk and Compliance Division Director with the enterprise risk management process.
- Assess the effectiveness of enterprise data security policies, processes, procedures and controls against established standards, guidelines and requirements and identify improvement actions required to maintain the appropriate level of data protection and suggest changes where appropriate.
- Assist specific agencies with Client risk assessment process and identify gaps in security control environment and compliance requirements.
- Perform gap analysis of security requirements implemented within the agency application(s) according to security statute, regulation, standards, and CLIENT policies.
- Provide guidance to Agency and CLIENT Agency Services staff with standard interpretation of NIST controls and other security statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Subject matter expert leading and mentoring others within the Risk and Compliance Division.
- Assist, enter information in the Keylight, complete risk assessment process within the Client.
- Assist with MiSAP Risk Assessment volume of work for agencies.
- Assist with establishing Cyber Security Framework for the Client
- Work with MCS Keylight team in improving MiSAP process.
- Other cyber security related tasks as assigned.
Interview Process: Virtual Interview via MS Teams video. Please use laptop and be prepared so share screen if asked. Use of headphones is strongly discouraged. A screenshot photo of candidate will be required for any Teams interviews as well as a vendor present at beginning of interview to validate candidate.
Duration: 1 year with possible extension.
Remote or On-site: Candidates MUST be local to greater Lansing, MI area. Manager is not interested in candidates who need to relocate at this time. Will need to be onsite starting day 1 for hybrid work schedule. NO REMOTE ONLY OPTION.