Cyber Security Analyst (Senior Level)- US/Canada Residents only, Full-Time, Salary $104K-$120K. (On Behalf of Our Recruitment Client)
Minimum 3-5 Years Of Experience Required - Remote Position.
Looking for a job change? We can help! Visit hiremefast.net
to start your job search and land incredible offers on automation!
HireMeFast LLC is a job placement & recruitment agency connecting employers with world-class talent in the tech industry. We provide job seekers with the resources and support they need to land their dream tech job offer, 100% guaranteed.
About The Role
Cyber Security Senior Analyst will report to the Manager of Threat Response and will be responsible for Tier 2 or Tier 3 Triage support of cyber security event escalations. As a Cyber Security Senior Analyst, you will be part of a cross-functional Threat Response team of cybersecurity analysts who are responsible for security operations including log analysis, application security analysis, vulnerability analysis, incident response, and threat analysis. This role evaluates the type and severity of security events leveraging their in-depth knowledge of exploits and vulnerabilities and works with the Threat Response Lead Investigator in investigating and responding to security incidents.
- Review security escalation alerts and evaluate urgency and relevancy.
- Perform security investigation and triage using analyst tools and techniques and criticality to determine potential security threats.
- Follow the runbook for incident escalation and event management.
- Request or review vulnerability scan information and review the assessment report.
- Advises on the configuration of security monitoring tools.
- Analyze additional log correlation.
- Analyze network traffic and data.
- Escalate as necessary cyber incident findings and preliminary investigation results to IR Lead Investigator
- Collaborate with peers across IT Operations and business units to share incident information, solutions, and best practices
- Maintain technical currency and continuously leverage opportunities to strengthen skills and broaden expertise
- Review Cyber Security Intelligence to determine relevancy to Frontier and research as necessary, collaborating with Vulnerability Management and IT Operations to determine exposure to zero-day vulnerabilities
- Serve in on-call rotation for after-hours escalations
- Identify opportunities for automation and orchestration and make recommendations
- Generate tickets as needed to engage appropriate IT resources
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management, etc.
- 2-5 years of SOC experience, including incident response triage, threat hunting, and configuring alerting rules
- Experience with automation (Powershell, Python, APIs, etc.) for IR activities
- Solid understanding of the cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- Working knowledge of security technologies such as SIEM, EDR, FW, AD, IPS, SOAR, WAF, CTI, Application and Email Defense, SandBox
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Preferred: experience with Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- BA/BS Degree in relevant technology discipline or can substitute for additional experience in the
Special Benefits you will love:
- Flexible vacation paid unlimited holidays and paid sick days
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
Why HireMeFast LLC?
HireMeFasts most recruitment clients have incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers passionate about using modern web technologies to solve real-world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to land their best job offer possible.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. HireMeFast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.