At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
As a member of our sales leadership team, you will build and drive your sales teams to exceed company objectives while growing your region according to plan. You’ll be responsible for building a high-performance sales culture that delivers results, focuses on customer adoption while simultaneously mentoring and developing your team members to accomplish individual and organizational goals. It will be required that you are involved with your team, track sales activity, create and analyze metrics for forecast accuracy.
- Strategic Leadership - Develop and execute a comprehensive cyber security strategy aligned with the business objectives and the evolving needs of the US Federal DoD sector - Provide strategic guidance and vision to the cyber security teams in each district
- Operational Management - Direct and manage the day-to-day operations of cyber security activities across the DoD and IC Districts - Ensure efficient resource allocation, adherence to policies and procedures, and successful execution of projects
- Team Management - Oversee and mentor a team of highly skilled cyber security professionals, including district managers and technical experts - Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the teams - Manage a team of approximately 4-5 direct reports and 25-30 total personnel
- Stakeholder Collaboration - Establish and maintain strong relationships with federal agencies, MILDEPS (Military Departments), the Intelligence Community, and other key stakeholders - Understand their cyber security requirements, provide expert advisory services, and develop strategic partnerships to enhance defense capabilities
- Business Growth - Drive the growth of cyber security offerings within the assigned districts by identifying market opportunities, developing strategic plans, and collaborating with sales and business development teams - Maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients - Manage YoY growth targets of 25% and position the cyber security platform over point products
We expect office-based employees to be in the office four days per week, with one day working from where they choose. We believe being together facilitates casual conversations and those magic moments where we can work on issues and ideas informally. These moments build capability and deepen trusted relationships and allow our people to feel safe in taking risks and being disruptive. Like so many companies, we are working through the details and things could change …. but in general if a role is deemed office-based we want our teams to be together four days per week.
- Responsible for building and developing a team of quota carrying and lead generation sales professionals
- Own and drive revenue outcomes within the assigned region exceeding personal and team sales quotas and goals
- Review weekly forecast and business outcomes with representatives and sales leaders
- Coach, develop, and mentor representatives to success in all aspects of the sales cycle - lead generation, qualification, forecasting, and closing opportunities, while using our channel/partner network
- Build sales analysis for insight into weekly, monthly and quarterly execution and strategies
- Attend weekly regional forecast and management calls to provide your perspective
- Work closely with other District Sales Managers on crafting business strategy to accomplish company goals
- Required to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date on product, industry changes, and competitive landscapes
- Proven ability to bring disruptive innovation to the senior sales team and foster and promote a “growth-mindset”
- Demonstrated second line leadership experience, leading District Sales Managers and their teams in US Federal
- Exceeding sales quota and have proven experience in hiring, developing and retaining successful sales talent
- Experience selling Enterprise Security solutions and understand the education software landscape
- Deep understanding of partner ecosystem (system integrators, channel partners, service providers) to develop a go to market strategy
- Knowledgeable in Complex Solution Sales methodology that you can translate and coach others in sophisticated 6-figure transaction sizes and greater
- In-depth knowledge of how specific education institutions leverage security solutions and able to help translate complex technical benefits to solve business problems - you will assist your team interfacing with technical and executive-level stakeholders
- You have a demonstrated passion for this space and you are excited about the prospect of scaling a new, emerging technology and accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Built strong cross-functional relationships across clients, partners, and internal teams
- Travel as needed
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with US DoD organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $408,000/yr to $561,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here